Push bar on a hybrid?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As winter inches closer, I'm thinking about adding a push bar. Does anyone know if a push bar is compatible with the hybrid front bumper? I realize there might be a slight modification required to the small black pieces on the bumper. Just looking for any advice from those familiar with the topic. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SuperKal

Reaction score
Well it's definitely possible, I just dunno what brand they used ... maybe you can PM them on youtube and ask:

The pushbar in this video is a Setina PB450L.

I have decided to add one to my 08 Hybrid Yukon and called Setina Tech Support last week. They said it would fit the same as a regular Tahoe or Yukon. They also sent me the install instructions (as a PDF). Looks like you have to remove the tow hooks and install the bar bracket instead. The bracket uses the same screws and screw holes from the tow hooks. The push bar is then attached to the bracket.

It all looks really simple however I have not checked the tow hooks on my Yukon yet. Currently I have the grill off, have plastidipped it matte black and have new projector headlights that I am hoping to install in the next few days.

Personally I like the Setina because it looks heavy duty. if you do decide to get one, shop it on ebay since I have seen them much cheaper through third party dealers. The 450L is the Aluminum version so will be much lighter than the steel ones (model 300).

Hope this helps.

Kal.

OP
OP
Rockytfox

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it's definitely possible, I just dunno what brand they used ... maybe you can PM them on youtube and ask:

The pushbar in this video is a Setina PB450L.

I have decided to add one to my 08 Hybrid Yukon and called Setina Tech Support last week. They said it would fit the same as a regular Tahoe or Yukon. They also sent me the install instructions (as a PDF). Looks like you have to remove the tow hooks and install the bar bracket instead. The bracket uses the same screws and screw holes from the tow hooks. The push bar is then attached to the bracket.

It all looks really simple however I have not checked the tow hooks on my Yukon yet. Currently I have the grill off, have plastidipped it matte black and have new projector headlights that I am hoping to install in the next few days.

Personally I like the Setina because it looks heavy duty. if you do decide to get one, shop it on ebay since I have seen them much cheaper through third party dealers. The 450L is the Aluminum version so will be much lighter than the steel ones (model 300).

Hope this helps.

Kal.

Hi Kal, thanks for the post and the info. Our Yukons don't have tow hooks though. At least they didn't on my 2008...If it comes with a bracket and the holes are there for the tow hooks, it sounds like I should be good to go. Will you please update us here once you've installed it?

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
I don't believe hybrids came with Tow Hooks, they have the blockout panels there. I would say just remove the blockouts and it should bolt up just like any other.

OP
OP
Rockytfox

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe hybrids came with Tow Hooks, they have the blockout panels there. I would say just remove the blockouts and it should bolt up just like any other.

Once you remove the blackout pieces, you will need to cut holes in the bumper.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once you remove the blackout pieces, you will need to cut holes in the bumper.

:think:

I'm pretty sure the ends of the frame where the tow hooks attach for the non hybrid trucks line up right behind those removable plastic caps on the bumper cover no?

OP
OP
Rockytfox

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:think:

I'm pretty sure the ends of the frame where the tow hooks attach for the non hybrid trucks line up right behind those removable plastic caps on the bumper cover no?

After a brief visual inspection, they don't appear to line up perfectly. However, if the pushbar comes with a mounting bracket as suggested above, there is plenty of clearance.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it comes (or one can have fabricated) some sort of adaptor bracket to make it line up with the existing holes. As I inspect the video more closely there a section of the push bar that seems to either stop at or go through the lower valance. if it goes thorough that's actually not a major deal cause those valances are surprisingly cheap to replace ... I think I got one at the dealership for less than $100 when I had it painted to match.

This idea is a little funny to me ... cause the front of these already reminds me of a locomotive and you guys want to add a cattle guard to it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442