Pure white LEDs for interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been researching LEDs to replace standard interior bulbs in my 2008. Heard good things about VLEDs, superbrightleds, SMD LEDs, etc. Wondering who offers the best kit or a la carte selection of pure white LEDs for interiors.

I'm looking in the 4300-5000 Kelvin range, as I do not care for blueish interior lighting.

Please advise.

Thanks.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
My alpine DVD player came with them. I got the rest from autolumination.com. They have a ton of leds listed alone with temp and light patterns

image.jpeg

moab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there someplace that sells a simple kit that includes all the interior led bulbs you'd need? I'll take your cue and buy 5k ones. I don't want to research this. lol. I've got to many other research projects as it is. Would be nice to just go buy one kit that I know has all the bulbs I need.

geelevert

Reaction score
Been researching LEDs to replace standard interior bulbs in my 2008. Heard good things about VLEDs, superbrightleds, SMD LEDs, etc. Wondering who offers the best kit or a la carte selection of pure white LEDs for interiors.

I'm looking in the 4300-5000 Kelvin range, as I do not care for blueish interior lighting.

Please advise. I just upgraded my interior lights in my 13 Tahoe to hyper white led's. I got a good deal on eBay. $10 with free shipping. Came with 12 bulbs. I'm happy with it. For $10 I was ok risking if they didn’t work. They all worked good.

Thanks.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I decided to stick with the stock bulbs. Every pic I see with LED interior bulbs looks way too bright and glaring for my taste.

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to stick with the stock bulbs. Every pic I see with LED interior bulbs looks way too bright and glaring for my taste.

Upgrading the interior bulbs is one of the cheapest and most effective improvements you can make to your truck. It's the first upgrade I did, and the difference is stunning. It's not so much about the lights being too bright. You can get LED bulbs that have dialed down lumens rating. It's more about how bad the stock halogens really are. I'm totally not kidding here. They are dingy and extremely dim, almost to the point of being a bit dangerous, because the color of the lights are so yellow (I guess they made it that way to match the interior???) it's hard to really see anything inside.

Most of the pictures you see of the interiors with upgraded LEDs are taken with poor quality and/or the cameras exaggerate the lighting to make it look blown out. I took shots of my upgraded interior LEDs with my Nexus 6P using HDR mode at night with no camera flash, and I believe the shots speak for themselves.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/my-new-2012-yukon-denali-xl.87977/#post-1058904

In short, you should really do the upgrade. It's cheap, effective, and totally worth it.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upgrading the interior bulbs is one of the cheapest and most effective improvements you can make to your truck. It's the first upgrade I did, and the difference is stunning. It's not so much about the lights being too bright. You can get LED bulbs that have dialed down lumens rating. It's more about how bad the stock halogens really are. I'm totally not kidding here. They are dingy and extremely dim, almost to the point of being a bit dangerous, because the color of the lights are so yellow (I guess they made it that way to match the interior???) it's hard to really see anything inside.

Most of the pictures you see of the interiors with upgraded LEDs are taken with poor quality and/or the cameras exaggerate the lighting to make it look blown out. I took shots of my upgraded interior LEDs with my Nexus 6P using HDR mode at night with no camera flash, and I believe the shots speak for themselves.

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/my-new-2012-yukon-denali-xl.87977/#post-1058904

In short, you should really do the upgrade. It's cheap, effective, and totally worth it.

Thanks brother.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed with jyi. It's such a clean crisp light, the ones I got are a lot brighter but its actually easier on the eyes when trying to look at stuff. You don't need or get the really bright ones haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep