Pulling the Cats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine are more than likely going to need replacing soon. I’m slightly irritated because I know the shops gonna charge me an arm and a leg to replace them, laborwise, and I can’t see paying it. I’m tempted to do it myself but I don’t think I have the skills or tools necessary to do it. :(

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine are more than likely going to need replacing soon. I’m slightly irritated because I know the shops gonna charge me an arm and a leg to replace them, laborwise, and I can’t see paying it. I’m tempted to do it myself but I don’t think I have the skills or tools necessary to do it. :(
You should be able to have it done for $300-400 at a muffler shop. Even in Cali.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figure my daughter and I can knock it out in the driveway. 2 nuts on each header and a clamp in front of the muffler but we'll have to cut the left side's pipe to pull them down as we're not on a lift with more clearance. The replacement Y-Pipes come in two pieces whereas the originals are one piece.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had a muffler shop cut them out and weld new ones in. Took about 1/2 hour and they charged me $75 labor or so. It was well worth it to me. I actually still have them; they're about 2 years old and if anybody wants to pay shipping they're yours. I kept them when I installed my headers.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what are the most reliable weld in type?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine were Walkers. I'd just go with a good name brand, not some unknown name.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Will they work for a 08 denali?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I'm not sure. They're universal fit, and they were supposed to fit my 03. I didn't put them on because the shop said there wasn't room for them due to my y pipe setup. They look nice tho. 3 inch in/out, iirc. Monolith style. I have them advertised in the tyf classified section.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic