Problems with Sirius/XM section of radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Yukon John

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good morning Yukon John,

We regret to hear you are experiencing these concerns with your Yukon, but are happy that your dealership has been able to diagnose the issue. If you would like any additional assistance while you are working with your dealer, please feel free to send us a private message.

All the best,

Julianne M.
GM Customer Care

Thankyou.

OP
OP
Yukon John

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok...took the Yukon in for High Frequency Antenna replacement. While there the tech advised that there was an upgrade available for the radio software (#2810334).

Everything is as new now. I don't know what changed with the software upgrade but I have noticed that the tuner changes stations more quickly than before.

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
I just took my 16 Yukon XL Denali in this morning for this issue. The dealer acts like they have never heard of this problem before. Obviously the serious XM radio does work. Just not all of the time, as I tried to explain to them. Did the contacting the GMC Cust Service rep make a difference in getting your issue resolved?

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
Update. Just got my Denali back. They did not change my antenna. They only did a software update for both the xm radio and infotainment module. GM has a service bulletin that says to do the software only??? (from my service advisor). appears to be working....

jlitz41685

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wish I could message GM Customer Service. Took my 2016 Tahoe LT in and they said the software was up to date and nothing was wrong (Knapp Chevy, Houston). I can be in the middle of hill country, no obstructions and Sirius will go out.

What do I need to do to convince them this is an issue?

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score

TxChevyz71

Reaction score

coder

Reaction score
Just had my 2017 Tahoe fixed by dealer. Tech determined antenna was faulty and replaced it. Invoice says 3422710 High Frequency Antenna Replacement.

bigwardy2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Over the last week I have noticed the signal dropout on out XM radio. I initially thought it was cloudy weather but it is happening all of the time.

So I just completed an extensive "Hard Boot" troubleshooting exercise with XM techs. The final analysis is that I have a radio defect and should take it into my dealer....which I will do. The tech stated that this has gotten to be common with 2015/2016/2017 GM Touch Screen Radios.

Have any of you guys experienced this issue?

This will be my second trip back to the dealer with radio issues. The first issue was with the touch screen that went totally blank and was replaced.

Seems that this high tech stuff is very vulnerable.

Did you ever get any resolution to the intermittent XM radio issue? I had issues with my screen freezing up and blacking out which led to the dealership replacing the HMI in my '15 Tahoe. Seemed to fix the problem but shortly afterwards my XM starting getting spotty in known good locations followed by it going out completely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505