Problems with 95 Tahoe after installing new motor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
then verify the part numbers of the ecm and the prom in it for proper application then wipe the memory thru a 1 minute battery disconnection then retest.

OP
OP
StevenDey92

StevenDey92

Reaction score
I have already verified both ECM and Prom. I put in a new ECM as well and still pulled the same codes. I have disconnected the battery for 10 minutes a few times now and still get the same codes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
timing issues do not set off prom/vcm or over voltage errors.
I didn't look up the codes. Haha

I have re-done timing like 10 times since I put the new motor in, just to make sure it was right.

Reason i asked ive seen guys forget to plug the base time wire back together and it runs like shit.

Do you have the wrong rated fuse's in the ecm slots? I know it sounds far fetched, but when i put the wrong fuse in my TCM slot my 94 4l80 wouldn't shift and it threw a ses.. put a 10 amp back in and everything was good again.

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its gotta be a missing ground, other then that what else could have gone wrong with a engine swap.. other then reversing polarity on the batt with the ignition on for a couple seconds and frying the ECM, but you changed that. Or the engine harness got mashed and a bunch of wires are shorted together.

freik_4518

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sounds to me like the alternator is over charging shouldnt get over 14v

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
StevenDey92

StevenDey92

Reaction score
Sounds to me like the alternator is over charging shouldnt get over 14v

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I already tested the alternator. Doesn't go above 14.8v. How would my ECM be getting over 17.7v?

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already tested the alternator. Doesn't go above 14.8v. How would my ECM be getting over 17.7v?

Where did you state your ecm is getting 17v!?
Your voltage regulator is done......
Try a diffrent alternator.. nothing in the truck will step up voltage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne