Problematic speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prince13

Reaction score
hey whats up guys, so my 2001 Tahoe has an aftermarket radio. Sounds good and all when it plays audio, there are times the audio cuts off and doesn't return until a while or I do the equivalent of the rain dance to get em to work. I see the radio has the harness so you don't cut into the stock radio harness, any info/ feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Have you checked the wiring for any loose connections? That's what it sounds like to me. Do the lights go out on the radio when the sounds cuts out? Do you have to reset the time and channels?

OP
OP
Prince13

Prince13

Reaction score
Have you checked the wiring for any loose connections? That's what it sounds like to me. Do the lights go out on the radio when the sounds cuts out? Do you have to reset the time and channels?
No, all that actually is good, it's a weird cutout as if the speakers go mute. Does the onstar make it a problem. I was reading on another thread that maybe the onstar could be the problem. I have noticed if I have my lights on at night when I hit the switches to roll up th windows it looks like it drains it maybe a bad ground?