Problem with amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My amp and subs have been working fine until Wednesday evening. We loaded my truck to go to the beach and on the way down I noticed my subs weren't working. So once I get down there I started messing with it to get it to work. All the connections are good and no blown fuses. So we took a multimeter to test voltage and we are getting power and it's grounded. We check the amp turn on wire and it read at .1 volts. So it's not being told when to turn on but when you have the truck on and the turn on wire off the amp then touch it to the terminal it hooks to the amp turns on for a split second then turns off. The connection to the radio wire is good and nothing wrong with the wire the whole way back. Any idea on what's going on? What should I try doing? Just get an new turn on wire? It's also now making a weird beeping noise, it's a series of 3 or 4 beeps 3 times in a row then goes away and happens after my truck is turned off

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To see if it's not in protect mode, because your light could be blown, run a small jumper wire from the battery to the amp and see if your subs work. If not, then your amp is in protect mode or either blown

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. Amp is blown. Whenever you run 12v directly from the battery to amp remote terminal and it doesn't stay on, that's what it usually ends up being. Sometimes a fuse on the amp itself isn't seated correctly or blown but you've probably che led that. A cap might be blown, and that can be repaired if you had a print, frequency generator, oscilloscope and solder with soldering iron, but at that point, I'd just buy a new one lol

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be running a class D amp as well and not that a/B which is better suited for door speakers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans