Proactive Alert 2016 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kiboater

kiboater

Reaction score
No reoccurrence after 1200 mile trip to Florida Keys. The below freezing temperature increase the amps to crank the engine. Batteries also don't perform as well when it is really cold. I suspect that the combination of these two factors cause the warning. They need to tweak the software to allow for this.

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
Funny as I got that same email the day after purchasing my 2015 Yukon. I was reading it on my iPhone while I had the hood up, stuck at the gas pump because I couldn't start it and had to do something while waiting for a friend to come give me a jump...

Oh I also bought one of these while I was waiting: https://www.amazon.com/Beatit-18000...67655&sr=8-6&keywords=jumper+starter+portable

Then I drove to local auto store and spent $191 on a new battery, followed by a drive to the dealer to wonder how a "CPO 172 point inspected vehicle" could have a dead battery one day after I purchased...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts