Prevent radio auto shutoff when vehicle is not on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vballrican

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Tahoe LTZ and can press the button without the brake for the radio to turn on but it shuts off after about 10mins... how do i prevent this? I want to keep the radio on until i lock the vehicle or shut it off myself... Thanks.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Press the button twice without your foot on the brake? That's how it works on my wife's Camry (oops, did I say a bad word?)

OP
OP
V

vballrican

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Press the button twice without your foot on the brake? That's how it works on my wife's Camry (oops, did I say a bad word?)

Ok. I will try that.. i had only been pressing it once... Thanks.

clogan2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id like to know how to NOT have radio come on all by itself when I start the engine. You can turn the radio off when you pull into the garage at night, but when you start the engine the next morning, the radio comes back on by itself.

Only solution I have found is to turn off radio, then change setting to video, before killing ignition.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id like to know how to NOT have radio come on all by itself when I start the engine. You can turn the radio off when you pull into the garage at night, but when you start the engine the next morning, the radio comes back on by itself.

Only solution I have found is to turn off radio, then change setting to video, before killing ignition.

That's weird. Have you checked the settings menu (I'm just guessing)?

tdriver113

Reaction score

That's a known issue with these radios. GM is aware of that but has no fix yet.