PPV: any difference in the suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everytime I see a PPV Tahoe, they look like they are sitting pretty level.
Does anyone know the difference if any with stock one?

BrianT

Reaction score
The PPV are 2wd, but I understand now they are coming out with a 4wd version. The SSV comes in 2 and 4wd. The PPV rear suspension comes from the factory with the same shock set up as Tony sells here. They have the bracket to drop the shock by approx. 2" from the factory, that's why they sit with that stance. I personally love the way they sit a touch lower on the rear, give them a bad ass attitude look.....

hundhaus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire size also has a bit to do with the drop in height. I owned a factory ordered 2010 in order to keep the ride height identical I went down to 45s when I went from the 16" steelies to the 20" ltz wheels539325_4515280558844_823217039_n.jpg

SSV4x4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The SSV only comes as a 4x4. The PPV 4x4 is the exact same suspension as the PPV 2wd except you get the front pumpkin with active 2 speed case :)

Reaction score
The PPV rear suspension comes from the factory with the same shock set up as Tony sells here. They have the bracket to drop the shock by approx. 2" from the factory, that's why they sit with that stance.

Common misconception - Not exactly. Tony's kit has a similar lowering effect, but the physical parts (shocks/struts/springs) are not the same. Different manufacturer and style. I can take some pictures to show you if you want - I ordered his kit for my '13 PPV hoping it would soften it up a bit, and they were different. Not better or worse, just different. Also, The factory PPV does NOT utilize any shock mount extension brackets...they're just compressed more. I can climb under and provide pictures to confirm all of this if you'd like

To answer the OP, yes the suspension on the 2WD PPV is different than the factory "LS/LT/LTZ" suspension. The spring rate is different, the springs are physically shorter in the rear, and the shocks have a "stiffer" rebound rate. This gives it a slightly lower stance than the standard vehicle. It's distinctively more stiff.

Last edited:

ADK46er

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking to level or lower my SSV and I have been searching through the forums. Can someone direct me to Tony as I can't seem to find what vender he is.
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972