PPV 17" wheel center cap bolt size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vetterss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the size is for the 3 bolts that retain the chrome center caps on the steel 17" wheels of a 2009 PPV? Searched a bunch of sites but no luck. May have to take one off and try to match it at Lowe's.

AverageBri

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They are
M8 - 1.25 x 20mm

I bought a bag of stainless steel versions on amazon (search for "M8 - 1.25 x 20mm A2-70 Stainless Hex Flange Bolts" on their site)

They're really nice and fit perfectly.

Last edited:

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the stainless bolts too on mine along with stainless washers. There are suppose to be some small aluminum spacers between the cap and wheel too. I was missing a few and found a 3/8 inch nut slips over the bolt threads to use as a spacer. The cap is not clamped to the wheel around the outside, but by the bolts and spacers.

OP
OP
vetterss

vetterss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That M8 sizing is right on. I didn't use stainless but just got regular for the meantime to snug up the caps. Will convert over to stainless down the road.

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the thickness of the 3/8-inch nut?

I used the stainless bolts too on mine along with stainless washers. There are suppose to be some small aluminum spacers between the cap and wheel too. I was missing a few and found a 3/8 inch nut slips over the bolt threads to use as a spacer. The cap is not clamped to the wheel around the outside, but by the bolts and spacers.

AverageBri

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is the thickness of the 3/8-inch nut?

I found aluminum spacers at Home Depot that are the same size as the factory spacers. Dimensions are 5/16" inside diameter x 5/8" outside diameter x 7/16" length.

Also, the factory spacers have 2 O-rings that hold the spacer on the bolt from the inside of the center cap. I just used one O-ring, which is 1/4" inside diameter x 3/8" outside diameter.

See attached image for reference.

IMG_1147.JPG

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good finding!!

Do you have that Home Depot Aluminum spacer Part #?

I found aluminum spacers at Home Depot that are the same size as the factory spacers. Dimensions are 5/16" inside diameter x 5/8" outside diameter x 7/16" length.

Also, the factory spacers have 2 O-rings that hold the spacer on the bolt from the inside of the center cap. I just used one O-ring, which is 1/4" inside diameter x 3/8" outside diameter.

View attachment 195697

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 195697

Do you have a part number? A receipt with info on it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts