Powerstop rotor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice decision. You should really enjoy them. I'm hoping to get some along with new tires and the 07+ brake upgrade next month.

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had Powerstop set on my wife's Torrent. They were ok until a seized caliper killed one. The humming/buzzing with braking gets very annoying. I now prefer blank rotors. In our trucks it might not buzz as much since these trucks are NOT unibody and will not transmit as much NVH. You cant beat the price though. The super cheap no-name ones on Amazon scare me though.

I paid good $$ for Stillen drilled only rotors when I had my lifted Jeep WJ, I loved them.

OP
OP
TEXCHEVY

TEXCHEVY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had Powerstop set on my wife's Torrent. They were ok until a seized caliper killed one. The humming/buzzing with braking gets very annoying. I now prefer blank rotors. In our trucks it might not buzz as much since these trucks are NOT unibody and will not transmit as much NVH. You cant beat the price though. The super cheap no-name ones on Amazon scare me though.

I paid good $$ for Stillen drilled only rotors when I had my lifted Jeep WJ, I loved them.

I looked at Amazon, I looked at Ebay but the rockAuto price was better! I'm going easy on my tahoe :) next week I'll try the rotors and pads :) then I'll tell you my impression :)

OP
OP
TEXCHEVY

TEXCHEVY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After mounting, powerstop recommends:
1) 5 moderate to aggressive stops from 40 mph down to 10 mph in rapid succession without letting the brakes cool and do not come to a complete stop. If you're forced to stop, either shift into neutral or give room in front so you can allow the vehicle to roll slightly while waiting for the light. The rotors will be very hot and holding down the brake pedal will allow the pad to create an imprint on the rotor. This is where the judder can originate from.
2) Then do 5 moderate stops from 35 mph to 5 mph in rapid succession without letting the brakes cool. You should expect to smell some resin as the brakes get hot.
3) After this is complete, drive around for as long as possible without excessively heating the brakes and without coming to a complete stop (Try for about 5 minutes at moderate speed). This is the cooling stage. It allows the heated resin in the brake pads to cool and cure.
4) After the brakes have cooled to standard operating temperature, you may use the brakes normally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3