Power Windows Completely Stop Working Sometimes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonDJon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I HAVE A 1995 GMC YUKON AND SOMETIMES OUT OF THE BLUE MY WINDOWS JUST STOP WORKING BOUGHT A NEW SWITCH THINKING THAT WAS THE PROBLEM BECAUSE IF I PULL THE CONNECTOR OUT OF THE SWITCH I CAN STICK PINS IN AND SUPPLY POWER TO THE MOTORS TO RAISE MY WINDOWS BUT EVEN WITH THE NEW SWITCH THEY DIDN;T WORK FOR TWO DAYS AND THEN I LEAVE FOR WORK THIS MORNING AND THEY WHERE WORKING ANY IDEAS WHAT THIS MAY BE?

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Motor could be going bad, I had a car where the driver side would only go down when it was hot outside

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Start working as soon as you started it or started driving it?
And please stop yelling at us. ;)

OP
OP
JonDJon

JonDJon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
LOL, I'M AT WORK, I HAVE TO TYPE ALL MY REPORTS IN CAPS SO I LEAVE THEM ON, MY MOTORS WORK FINE BECAUSE THEY WHERE STUCK DOWN AND I DISCONNECTED THE SWITCH AND PUT 12V TO THEM AND ROLLED THEM UP THAT WAY, THE DOOR LOOKS WORK AND THE SWITCH LIGHTS UP WHEN I CUT THE LIGHTS ON, BUT IT'LL STOP WORKING OUT OF NOWHERE
AND WILL NOT WORK FOR A DAY OR TOO AND THEN IT'LL SUDDENLY START WORKING AGAIN BUT I TRIED A NEW SWITCH AND NOTHING, BUT THE POWER IS THERE SO I'M AT A LOSS

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And is it all windows, driver window, passenger wondow. Fobtge switches work on the other door? Give us a little more info pleze

OP
OP
JonDJon

JonDJon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
both windows stop working sometimes it starts working right away sometimes and sometimes it takes a while

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts