Power seat trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrmbly

Reaction score
By any chance do you have a photo of the jack screw? I have the exact same problem - drivers seat won't go up and down, but when I push the button I can hear the motor trying to work. All other seat functions work except for the seat heater (which I assume just means I need a new heater element.)

FWIW - I had a similar scenario. When I bought mine the up/down didn't work for the front or the rear, nor did the bottom seat heat work for the driver's side. I tried disassembling the jack screw - freed it up and reconnected but it didn't fix it for me... It would spin if it was undone, but once I put it back in place it didn't budge. I ended up getting a whole new assembly from the junkyard for $85 shipped to me - installed that seat track into mine and viola - everything works... Surprisingly even the bottom seat heater, which makes me wonder if there was a wiring issue or something like that (even though I heard power going to the motors). Oddly enough, i put the control module into my junkyard seat track (since mine looked a HELL of a lot better even though it didn't work) - and everything was reversed... Put the junkyard one in (that matched the frame) and everything worked.

Makes me wonder if it was just something wonky w/ the control module in the first place.

CB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys

Latest posts