Power seat trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TURNz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got my wife an '04 Suburban Z71. The driver seat doesn't go up/ down in the front. Currently the front is all the way up and it's annoying. I assume the motor is bad. Is there a way to manually lower the front and have it stuck there instead of being stuck in the UP position?

Also the heated seat and adjustable pedals aren't working. I can live without those for now.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the harness underneath the seat to make sure all connections are made

OP
OP
TURNz

TURNz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All harnesses are plugged in and look good.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Michigan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=526141

Click the link above. Read post number 3.

This is how I once fixed my seat cushion to go up and down.

I did not have to remove the seat cushion

Open the back door and look underneath the seat and have someone press the button to move seat up/down and you will see a bar I think towards the rear trying to spin. You need to loosen that jack screw up because over time it tightens up too much. The jack screw is to the right. Hope this is your fix

OP
OP
TURNz

TURNz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will check that out. it sounds promising.

Maybe I'll see why the heated seat doesn't work on that side either.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the heated seat AND pedals don’t work... it may be due to the switches in the door. They’re both in the same housing and it may have given up the ghost. Of course check the plug and harness to it too.

They’re both on seperate circuits but that’s the one thing they both have in common. Just food for though brother.

OP
OP
TURNz

TURNz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the heated seat AND pedals don’t work... it may be due to the switches in the door. They’re both in the same housing and it may have given up the ghost. Of course check the plug and harness to it too.

They’re both on seperate circuits but that’s the one thing they both have in common. Just food for though brother.
Thanks.
I'm dealing with replacing the water pump in my Tahoe this week. But the seat in the wife's Suburban are next on the list.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Open the back door and look underneath the seat and have someone press the button to move seat up/down and you will see a bar I think towards the rear trying to spin. You need to loosen that jack screw up because over time it tightens up too much. The jack screw is to the right. Hope this is your fix

Had exactly the same problem with the front of the driver's seat in the '04 Hoe. Removed the seat (after disconnecting the battery and waiting 10 or 15 min for the side airbag circuit to drain) and re-oriented the jack screw for the front. Reinstalled the seat and am now careful not to move the seat up and down much, but it's been good for 6 months or so. 'Course I'm the only driver for the most part so it doesn't really get moved much.
_

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what type of socket the jack screw bolt takes? I was able to free up the rear one and now the seat adjust down for the rear if the vision but I need to do the same with the front adjustment. I cannot fit vicegrips on the front jack screw bolt

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=526141

Click the link above. Read post number 3.

This is how I once fixed my seat cushion to go up and down.

I did not have to remove the seat cushion

By any chance do you have a photo of the jack screw? I have the exact same problem - drivers seat won't go up and down, but when I push the button I can hear the motor trying to work. All other seat functions work except for the seat heater (which I assume just means I need a new heater element.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14