Power Seat stuck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

318hoe

Reaction score
My tahoe has the power seats and everything works fine except the driver seat does not move up/down in the front. The seat bottom will move up/down at the back but the front is stuck raised 3/4 of the way up. I know the motor isn't messed up bc i can hear the buzzing noise of it trying to move. I can't figure out how to get it to work. Any help is appreciated!

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine does the same thing, I even swapped the electrical connection to the two motors, just to see what happened... they both would then work, but not correctly (or reversed)... So I learned the front motor will move... I went and did a lot of reading, and from what I can tell, they have an issue with the software in the under seat module that controls the seat memory. The dealer can supposedly reprogram them and fix it, but I am not willing to spend the money for that and have been searching for a solution..
In addition, my seat heater only stays on for a second... also supposedly part of this same software issue....
Also, my memory does not work well, it gets confused if I am driver 1 or 2, and I try to reset the memory and it doesn't seem to remember correctly....

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Had the same issue within a few months of buying my Hoe. I removed the driver's seat (after disconnecting the battery and waiting a few minutes -- beer time -- before disconnecting the airbag connection). Figured it was worth a try to **** with it.

I don't remember exactly what did it, but I managed to disconnect some linkage underneath; it seemed like the up-down action had gone a little too far and was in a bind. Was able to reverse the power connection to the motor that works the front part and was able to free it up with no linkage connected.

I've turned off the seat memory and since I'm usually the only driver it pretty much stays "my" position. Not a big fan of the memory functionality. Interesting idea, but needs work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
318hoe

318hoe

Reaction score
Had the same issue within a few months of buying my Hoe. I removed the driver's seat (after disconnecting the battery and waiting a few minutes -- beer time -- before disconnecting the airbag connection). Figured it was worth a try to **** with it.

I don't remember exactly what did it, but I managed to disconnect some linkage underneath; it seemed like the up-down action had gone a little too far and was in a bind. Was able to reverse the power connection to the motor that works the front part and was able to free it up with no linkage connected.

I've turned off the seat memory and since I'm usually the only driver it pretty much stays "my" position. Not a big fan of the memory functionality. Interesting idea, but needs work.
Do you know if I could just take the bottom cushion of the seat off and try to fix it without taking the whole seat off? And if so, how would I do it?

OP
OP
318hoe

318hoe

Reaction score
Y'all, I think i managed a temp. fix. Well, it may cause more trouble but it's not much. I decided to push the switch in the downward direction and got a wrench and twisted the stuck rod in the direction it should go. well, now it goes down but not up. I'm going to look more into it before I try anything else. Even if i did screw up this seat, I'm only using it for a few years and trading up to a convertible :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons