Power Running Boards - Full Removal Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trillbigpapi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First Time Poster - Recently purchased a 2008 Yukon XL Denali equipped with the power running boards. Passenger side running board is stuck in the down position. Wanted to know whether or not I can fully remove both power running boards? Not looking to replace with any other running boards, just wish to remove these ones. Will this cause any issues with other vehicle operation etc.? Thank you in advance. Here's a photo of the beast.
Denali.JPG

rstewheck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm not sure if removing the power running boards will affect any other feature. I have the same vehicle. I had the drivers door running board motor die. Replaced the motor and it still won't act correctly. If you remove your boards I would be interested in buying them if you are so inclinded.

007matman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Time Poster - Recently purchased a 2008 Yukon XL Denali equipped with the power running boards. Passenger side running board is stuck in the down position. Wanted to know whether or not I can fully remove both power running boards? Not looking to replace with any other running boards, just wish to remove these ones. Will this cause any issues with other vehicle operation etc.? Thank you in advance. Here's a photo of the beast.
View attachment 73772
Did you try a liberal dose of penetrant and then a good high quality lube? Sometimes they'll need some assistance going up and down a few times until it gets worked in there. If you could get to to go up you should have a switch in the center console that'll shut them off.

My Esky has them too.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located? Maybe trade? I have a 10 Denali XL.

No they will not affect anything else on the vehicle. It is the equivalent of you pushing the step button on the dash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT