Power Running Board does not work for the front door but works for the rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drecoop757

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2008 tahoe LTZ is having a issue with the power running board it does not work when I open the drivers side front door but if i open the rear door it works. What i have tried is opening and closing the front door a few times and it works but a few days later it stops again. always works for the rear though.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do the interior lights come on when you open the drivers door? radio shut off when you open the drivers door? (after key is removed) if not it's possible you may have a bad switch in the drivers door handle.

OP
OP
D

drecoop757

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
that's what I thought but everything else is working normal but the running board??

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's what I thought but everything else is working normal but the running board??
hmm, well I guess that becomes a deeper issue then, these trucks have a serial data buss for many things now so you might need to either get a tech2 scanner or take it to the stealer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne