Power locks don't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the DIC option, Ive gone into it and turned the lock system to manual, but they still automatically lock. my biggest complaint is they lock immediately after the vehicle is started, not even touching the shifter yet.
Do you have an aftermarket security system?

D-YukonXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have an aftermarket security system?

Ive been wondering that.. I hear that could be a plausible cause. Ive been googleing all day a wiring schematic/ location for the alarm system, no luck tho.

I have noticed the little alarm indication light on the dash does not light up at all. But I get no notifications referring to the security from the cluster.. not sure if I should tho..

Still doesnt make sense why I can still hear the chimes when messing with the locks..

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you've verified no aftermarket alarm was installed, you've changed the auto lock mode or verified it was in Manual, you've done the chirps and it still locks at start up what options do you get from the DIC auto lock? Just on or off or do you have an option for on at 10 mph or something like it? In the DIC is there a child lock option or is it a switch on the edge of the door? Just thinking of anything at this point.

D-YukonXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you've verified no aftermarket alarm was installed, you've changed the auto lock mode or verified it was in Manual, you've done the chirps and it still locks at start up what options do you get from the DIC auto lock? Just on or off or do you have an option for on at 10 mph or something like it? In the DIC is there a child lock option or is it a switch on the edge of the door? Just thinking of anything at this point.

well like I said, Im not so sure weather the alarm has been messed with or not.. and I cannot find a diagram that points out where the wiring for it is located.. And yes, I can get to the options in the DIC, and I have set it to manual mode. (yes there are other options; 15mph, etc..) I appreciate the extra thoughts. helps me out a lot!

D-YukonXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

also.. my vehicle has passlock.. yet the 04 yukon key wasnt chipped.. how does that work?

*edit* nevermind. I understand it. I have passlock, not passkey..

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well like I said, Im not so sure weather the alarm has been messed with or not.. and I cannot find a diagram that points out where the wiring for it is located.. And yes, I can get to the options in the DIC, and I have set it to manual mode. (yes there are other options; 15mph, etc..) I appreciate the extra thoughts. helps me out a lot!
Set it to lock at 15 mph and see what happens...

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw on another forum where pressing the unluck button twice turns auto lock on. The fix was pressing unlock once then pressing it again and holding it for 5 seconds tried this yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC