Power locks don't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dennis W Horvath

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
None of the power door lock switches work was wondering if there fused or just realys?

Last edited:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually fuses. Are you saying they don't work from the remote or from the driver and passenger door switches?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really strange. If the remote works then the power is getting to them. It would be odd for both front switches to go bad at once. Do you have a tool to test the switch? If the fuses are ok, and the remote works it must be the switch. You might try getting just one to keep costs down

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or they are powered from a different source after the battery when using remote vs the door switches. I unfortunately do not have my manual with me. Its 75 miles away sitting in my Denali.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed with Cattivo. Those not only read current but can power the accessory while you test it. If I recall there's a relay between the fuse box and window switch that I think is located under the drivers side dash

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The door switch is on a different fuse than the lock relays are. The remote will still activate the lock relays if the fuse for the switch is blown, since it's not powered by the same fuse as the door switch. Just find the fuse that's blown and you should be good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan