Power lift gate operation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tractoman

Reaction score
On my 09 Yukon XL, I cannot get the lift gate to operate from inside the car with overhead button if the engine is on. Is this normal? I have it in park. My owners manual does not say anything about this. Remote will open it with engine on and in park. Just wondering if this is working right.
Thx.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine works (2012 Yukon xl), I can't think of any reason yours wouldn't unless something is just screwy, I tried with it the doors locked still opened

OP
OP
T

Tractoman

Reaction score
mine works (2012 Yukon xl), I can't think of any reason yours wouldn't unless something is just screwy, I tried with it the doors locked still opened
My only thought would be to disable the rear from opening with the engine running to prevent exhaust fumes from entering the cabin. It works with the remote though.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My only thought would be to disable the rear from opening with the engine running to prevent exhaust fumes from entering the cabin. It works with the remote though.
if that were the case mine wouldn't have opened either unless they changed something from 09-12

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep