Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hagar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_20180730_143257.jpg Getting a little slow in here, figured i would post the current version just finishing up. Still the same tahoe and still 4x4 from 6 years ago in this thread.

Took a bunch of unforseen body work, and it was painted inside and out with everything removed.

Gm cyber grey with HRE wheels, took a 20x8 with a plus 65 offset to get the tires to get inside the front wheel wells. Started off converting tbss hubs to run tbss wheels since they are super high positive offset, but still wasnt enough. As everyone that lowers these 4x4s knows, the lack of huge positive offset wheels are the killer.

Will run it like this the rest of the year, then maybe look at a nbs drop spindle conversion to get another inch in the front and upgade the brakes. IMG_20180730_143118.jpg IMG_20180730_143025.jpg

hagar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oops, i hate when people dont say tire size and drop. Lol its 20x8 wheel front with 245/45/20, and 20x10 rear with 305/35/20 drag radials. 28.4 tire height rear, 28.7 front to keep in spec for proper 4x4 function. Belltech truck flip kit not tahoe because its rediculous expensive for the two door hoe kit. Then i just bought the belltech .5 inch lift shackles.
Ended up being half the price of the actual specific kit. Anyone reading this with a hoe, just run a standard cab 98 silverado flip kit. Then bump stops cut like others, and torsion bars with 2 inch keys cranked down to 4 inches.
Cheers

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
View attachment 204392 Getting a little slow in here, figured i would post the current version just finishing up. Still the same tahoe and still 4x4 from 6 years ago in this thread.

Took a bunch of unforseen body work, and it was painted inside and out with everything removed.

Gm cyber grey with HRE wheels, took a 20x8 with a plus 65 offset to get the tires to get inside the front wheel wells. Started off converting tbss hubs to run tbss wheels since they are super high positive offset, but still wasnt enough. As everyone that lowers these 4x4s knows, the lack of huge positive offset wheels are the killer.

Will run it like this the rest of the year, then maybe look at a nbs drop spindle conversion to get another inch in the front and upgade the brakes. View attachment 204393 View attachment 204394
Love that color. Hoe looks amazing. Keep up the good work.

hagar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^That looks amazing!!
Thanks guys. It hasnt been washed or waxed yet since paint a year ago. . I will update soon, couple days from done. Its kinda boxed in so no picks of the front. Its all shaved and smoothed up front, the body shop did an amazing job. Oh!! Found a pic of it from when i got it back... Guess it has been two years since paint. Time where are you!! Hahah gone i guess.

IMG_20160921_152619.jpg

hagar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a good view to show the lowered obs front offset problem. No way around it without custom wheels. Probably why the progress keeps stopping on the low obs trucks. My nbs and nnbs trucks tucks almost anything up front. Its a kick in the nuts if you are reading this that cant be avoided. Call raceline or someone custom right off the go if you want to to an obs 4x4. Sucks and i fought it for years.

hagar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That last pic is with 20s and 275/55/20s with two inch keys cranked very near to max upwards with 20x9 yukon 20 inch wheels with a plus 24 offset. It doesnt take much of a drop if you care about your paint to run into problems. Trying to give as much info because of how many people will stumble across this with the same idea. I even tried running a crazy camber to clear a standard offset wheel and its two inch too far out. There is simply no way around custom wheels. More info the better. This is the first day i got them on to verify. They dont even clear with confidence with an insane positive 65 offset. Its not possible to offset more, and worst case it might still take a little fender roll to clear when lowered more. We will see after aligning, the wheels are kinda cross eyed right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2015YukonDen

Latest posts