possible stuck air vent

Discussion in 'Interior' started by 96_z71_pit, Jul 13, 2017.

1. 96_z71_pit

96_z71_pit TYF Newbie

Name:
    Trini
    fresh air that blows from outside blows through the floor vents only but once in a while itll go to the front vents unless i turn it on and off and it'll stay to the front vents then go to the floor again, the controls work fine when i turn it on, im just concerned about the fresh air blowing through, im thinking its a stuck flap making it stick to the floor only, any help is greatly appreciated

2. east302

east302 Full Access Member

Name:
    east302
    It would probably be a bad/sticking actuator or a connected damper door that has somehow gotten dislodged in the air case.

There are three actuators...one for the recirculation above the blower, one for temperature (I think it's behind the ashtray) and one for selecting floor-panel-defrost.

That one is just above the gas pedal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You'll see a notched dial on the face of it (near the barcode label in the photo). As you select floor/defrost/panel on the controls, watch to see if that dial turns as the actuator rotates the interior damper.

Also check to see if the spring linkages are still in place. A lot of times they will fall off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  3. 96_z71_pit

96_z71_pit TYF Newbie

Name:
    Trini
    ill check that out, thanks