Possible Defects With R1Concepts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good day everyone,

I just wanted to put this out there as it happened this week for the first time that I have seen. I have been selling R1Concepts brake parts for several years now and have never seen this before, however, I was contacted by a member here that ordered his brakes from me and when they arrived, the rotors had a defective "Chip" out of the inside radius of the rotors.

Now, like I said, I have NEVER seen this before, but I wanted to let everyone know that this IS POSSIBLE. There is ALWAYS a chance no matter what you order that you could possibly receive a product that has a defect. (although extremely rare)

That being said, anyone ordering R1Concepts rotors from me, OR other brand rotors from wherever, make sure to properly inspect your new rotors upon delivery to ensure there are no defects. Once you have inspected them, IF there is anything like what is pictured below, IMMEDIATELY CONTACT THE PERSON THAT SOLD YOU THE ROTORS to let them know about the issues so that they may get you taken care of in a timely manner.

Also, anyone EVER experiencing anything like this should not have to pay for new rotors to be shipped to you, if you are told anything else by anyone, period, let me know and I will take care of it ASAP.

Anyone with questions should let me know.

Attachments

• TahoeRotor.jpg
    TahoeRotor.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 29

RedRocker

Back in Black
Reaction score
Hello, the above mentioned member was me. I can't speak highly enough of Chris and how promptly he resolved this issue. Chris was extremely beneficial, informative, and very timely in helping me choose the right brake parts. Yeah, receiving a chipped rotor kinda bummed me out, but once Chris was made aware of it, he got right on this problem, contacted R1, and later that SAME EVENING I got a UPS Tracking Number email, R1 promptly sent a new pair of rotors to me. I received the new rotors yesterday and put them on right away. I'm very pleased with the noticable improvement in braking over OE parts (for less money than paying a shop for the standard front brake job if you DIY).

Bottom line is Chris from Synthetic Motorsports and R1 Concepts will take care of you, they proved that to me. I'll be back.

robdeniro0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great to see a vendor stand up for a customer, that indeed is rare. Cheers to SyntheticMotorsports!

OP
OP
Freedom Motorsports

Freedom Motorsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the outstanding review Darrell! I am just glad we got your situation handled without any further inconvenience to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep