Popping noise coming from front end?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThatBlackHoe

Reaction score
mMy truck makes this mechanical "popping" noise whenever I back up, slow down, and when I first accelerate. It's embarrassing, and VERY annoying. I have no idea what it may be, and I have taken it to the dealership since it's under warranty, but they are the biggest waste of my time and are absolutely no help... Sure am glad I bought that "full coverage" warranty... NOT.

Anyways, I'm just curious if any of you have had this problem, or know how I may be able to fox it myself. My truck does have a leveling kit on it, but I don't see how that would cause a problem. Please watch my video and let me know!

Thanks!

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just listened again, stupid question did u take tge tires off recently? Have the brakes done? Almost sounds like rim moving due to loose lugs or caliper is loose. When u push on/let off the brake does it happen?

OP
OP
ThatBlackHoe

ThatBlackHoe

Reaction score
Just listened again, stupid question did u take tge tires off recently? Have the brakes done? Almost sounds like rim moving due to loose lugs or caliper is loose. When u push on/let off the brake does it happen?
I did have my tires rotated but I checked my lugs as soon as I first heard the sound. As far as the breaks, it only makes the noise when the vehicle is in motion, but it does do it when I'm slowing down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63