Popping in steering column with slow turns - DENALI ONLY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great! Thanks again.

what gets me is why in the hell are the 17s lumped into this TSB. Does this mean the spring/bearing will go again in another 20k miles? crazy

Last edited:
OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great! Thanks again.

what gets me is why in the hell are the 17s lumped into this TSB. Does this mean the spring/bearing will go again in another 20k miles? crazy

Considering 2 of mine have I dont have much confidence in them...

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I"m guessing the three part #s listed in the TSB are what you used, correct? i sent you a pm regarding parts replaced.

Juan Spears

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone else experienced this?

My 2015/dino did it. I gave the dealer an opportunity to fix it, they scratched the heck out of the airbag and all the column covers, the problem went away for about a week and then came back worse than ever. I just traded it off.

My 2016 with 14k on it is doing it now too. It is only the Denalis that have the power steering column. Slow turns or parking lot maneuvers you can feel the column pop inside. I'm going to take my new one apart myself and fix it but I was curious to see if anyone actually had a documented fix.

Thanks.

I experienced the same thing on my 2015 Yukon Denali, which was quite annoying. The dealer had to replace the entire steering column to resolve the issue.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, the initial fix was to replace entire column but they since figured out it's just a spring and bearing that's easily replaceable vs the whole column. My dealer told me they've had trucks come back after replacing the column as it was not the issue. However, I even think replacing the above tsb items (only) still result in a failure at a later time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17