Popping from front end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most def

Most definitely. I have a rear endlink with a bad bushing and it's making a popping noise when I drive over something just right. Same would go with the front and it's an easy visual inspection. Have you looked at them yet?
Oh I've looked at them before and they are all cracked up and dry rotted. Never even thought they could cause it

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My pop, thunk, clunk whatever has been there since i drove the thing off the lot new in jan of 2013.... only on left turns....59,000 later and its still there..... doesn’t bother me enough to look for it

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My pop, thunk, clunk whatever has been there since i drove the thing off the lot new in jan of 2013.... only on left turns....59,000 later and its still there..... doesn’t bother me enough to look for it
With my luck if I don't try to fix it I'll hear a loud pop and watch my tire go rolling away

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have your keys cranks up at one point and recently lower them?

If it's only when you're turning that your hear this popping noise I feel very strongly that it is your CV axles.

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have your keys cranks up at one point and recently lower them?

If it's only when you're turning that your hear this popping noise I feel very strongly that it is your CV axles.
Yeah I did lower the keys a little bit because the back settled a bit and the truck was squatting. What would that do though?

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
When I first got my 05, I had a popping going on, checked ball joints, tie rods, changed the cv’s. That wasn’t it, torsion bar cross member mount. If you live in an area with snow and salt, there are rubber mounts on each side of the crossmember that help it flex as the torsion bars twist, the salt drys out the rubber mount and it wont flex as it should and starts to pop as it moves.

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first got my 05, I had a popping going on, checked ball joints, tie rods, changed the cv’s. That wasn’t it, torsion bar cross member mount. If you live in an area with snow and salt, there are rubber mounts on each side of the crossmember that help it flex as the torsion bars twist, the salt drys out the rubber mount and it wont flex as it should and starts to pop as it moves.
Yeah I live in Maryland and everything on that truck is rusted underneath so I guess that's a good possibility. Didn't realize how many different things could be causing that pop. This is going to take a while to figure out

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I live in Maryland and everything on that truck is rusted underneath so I guess that's a good possibility. Didn't realize how many different things could be causing that pop. This is going to take a while to figure out
Yeah, pretty much anything that moves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9