Poly vs rubber bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the time has come and I'm ready to redo my suspension and tires etc. who has used the poly bushing kit? I know it will increase harshness and road noise but by how much? Do you feel as if it was worth it?

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with the poly, they don't cost that much more and they last a lot longer.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you think the poly will increase harshness and road noise? I have been using poly as they get replaced. I don't believe there's any downsides to poly, only increased performance.

OP
OP
B

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go with the poly, they don't cost that much more and they last a lot longer.

I'm not concerned with money as much as quality of ride.

Why do you think the poly will increase harshness and road noise? I have been using poly as they get replaced. I don't believe there's any downsides to poly, only increased performance.

I installed some poly ones on my fox body back in 2002 and it was harsh after. That could be because I didn't understand the importance of shocks and the poly magnified how bad they were.

http://www.suspension.com/blog/rubber-v-polyurethane-suspension-bushings/

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have always replaced the rubber bushings with poly and have never had any of the negative effects they list.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have heard poly squeaks. Is that not the case?
All of mine are greasable but I'd hate to hear what a dry rubber bushing sounds like anyway. Just grease them when you install them if they don't have zerks.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard poly squeaks. Is that not the case?

I've never experienced any negative effects with them. You'll get a little more stiffer feel in handling and that was the biggest reason I've used them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9