Poly vs Aluminum leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnonymousAdam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to do a lift / level on my 08 Suburban. Who is running poly and who is running aluminum. I know there are pros and cons to each just wondering if poly will split or aluminum will corrode. Thanks.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I steered clear of plastic as I felt the climate could effect the material long term.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
Aluminum, but don't spend more than you have to. All billet aluminum spacers will be the same in quality. I got my 2" level (1" spacers) on eBay from Summit for less than $25. It's been a year and they look fine, no corrosion, but I don't live in a snowy/salty area either.

Hoeltz11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How is the poly different than anything used in body mounts or other suspension parts?

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Polyurethane bushings will be made with more resin and less filler as they have to flex somewhat, think sway bar end links, bushings and the like. The poly spacers I've seen are made with more filler and thus are firmer because they're being designed to hold up the weight of the truck. That extra filler makes the poly more brittle and thus more apt to cracking. I'd especially question ebay poly spacers because you know they're being made in China for 6 cents and they are using as much recycled content as they can, which makes it harder for them to control the formulation of the polyurethane.

Sorry, just realized that was quite a stream of thought.

Hoeltz11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good thought - different uses. I haven't looked at the details of what the different parts are made of. Just know I've got a rough country spacer and hope it lasts :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01