Police or Like rims.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gyrene84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2005 Tahoe came with dipped chrome rims and I very much dislike them, as they are starting to flake, and I am not a fan of chrome.

I have been looking on Craigslist for a set of black steel police rims, or at least a set of stock steel rims I could paint and am coming up with nothing.

Has anyone got a line on where to pick up a set that doesn't cost a ton? I've seen the price they are charging for a set, and one could get a nice set of rims for what mist places are charging for "Police Wheels" (see also, black steelies, with chrome s
center caps.

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cragar soft 8 are very identical. Easier to find and don't cost a lot. I have them for my Winter wheels and a police style pushbar

View attachment 183834 View attachment 183835
Wow...people must love driving near you! Every time I see a retired cruiser on the highway.. all the surrounding people jam on their brakes and start to clog everything up.

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow...people must love driving near you! Every time I see a retired cruiser on the highway.. all the surrounding people jam on their brakes and start to clog everything up.

I just circled Lake Michigan as the first trip in my SSV. It was great, I will never drive another "civilian" vehicle again.

Left lane clear for me on the whole trip, cars racing up behind me and hitting the brakes, getting to go first at all stop signs, etc. Only two cars passed me on the whole trip. :)

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Quite amusing sometimes. I'd see someone flying up on my Left and when they get in view of the rims and pushbar. I'd see them jack he brakes.
I'll check out those cragars. What brand push bumper are you using?
It's a progard
I love your dual tailpipes... Do you have an exhaust kit or just the tips?
I have american racing headers 1 7/8 with their catted y section, into oem piping catback. Replaced the muffler with a magnaflow, resonator delete. The tips are volant welded onto the end

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberv96