Plugs, wires, possibly injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobbyD

Reaction score
Looking to do plugs and wires for sure. Looking for suggestions on what I should use as my replacements. Also, do you guys think injectors are necessary at 163,000 miles? If so what do you suggest on that front. Thanks for the help gents.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
OP
OP
R

RobbyD

Reaction score

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
try running a couple bottles of injector cleaner per tank of gas for a couple tanks, 163k isn't all that much I replaced mine on my nbs at 224k only because I put in a new engine but they still worked just fine, some places will do a injector cleaning with a machine that connects to the fuel rail that usually runs about $80.00 you can also find new oem sets of 8 injectors offered on ebay for about $225, on rock auto a set of 8 oem will run $230 plus tax and shipping, less the 5% discount code.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer stock plugs and wires and as for injectors, what is your mileage around town and the highway? Does it resemble the published specs? Any trouble codes?

OP
OP
R

RobbyD

Reaction score
I prefer stock plugs and wires and as for injectors, what is your mileage around town and the highway? Does it resemble the published specs? Any trouble codes?
Sorry for the delayed response, but I'm getting around 11.2-11.6mpg around town and 14.7-16 highway. round town I'm guilty of a little bit of a heavy foot, but on highway trips I'm either on cruise control or just driving along. I recently did a 1000 mile journey and I average around 15.9. To me that seems pretty low.I just have one trouble code for a purge valve. I replaced it but the code keeps coming back after I clear it, so thats another issue.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty close to what I get too, both city and highway. What are you driving and what engine and driveline? Tires? Which code exactly?

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your help. any insight on the injectors? My hoe kind of has a rough cold start, like its not getting enough fuel from the get go. Just replaced the fuel pump. Plugs and wires were my next go and then injectors if need be.

Yeah, run some Techron in the gas, and clean the MAF and TB. If there’s still a ‘rough start’, i’d be looking at a fuel pump first. Injectors rarely don’t work, and then do when they warm. Also make sure the intake piping is in good shape. A slipped connection, or cracked intake tube can cause rough running when cold, and bad mileage when warm. Bad engine mounts can put a lot of stress on the intake piping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14