Please in the name of all that is right, can we get rid of the triple honk already?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so i have not read through all of these posts, so sorry if this has been stated previously. But there IS a way to turn off the "Remote Left in Vehicle (Triple Chime)" and "Engine Still Running"

With the vehicle running go to settings --> Vehicle --> Remote Lock, Unlock, Start --> Remote Left in Vehicle Alert (at the bottom) --> Turn off.

This will turn off both alarm chimes. Hope this helps and works for everyone. I have only tried this on a Tahoe but it should be available to everyone with newer infotainment systems across all brands.

i turned that off a while back & it still honks when leaving vehicle w/ key on me, as others are having issue with.

Tyler424

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Actually i am mistaken, my bad. sorry for the confusion but i dont think there is a way to stop the triple honk

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think its option in '16+, based on input from others.
havent seen for myself yet.

guess next time i am in for service, i should ask my sales guy to check it out