Please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike12032

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2017 Tahoe. " Side detection temporarily unavailable" this pops up everytime i start the truck. I click on dimiss and it goes a away. Any ideas on what's causing this? Or how to fix? The truck is clean and has not been through any rain or snow. 2300 mile on it.
Thanks in advance

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do... thought there maybe something i can do before bringing it to the dealer
did you modify anything or add a brush guard?, minor fender bender? etc? if not then there's probably not much you could do without a scanner that can test the sensors

OP
OP
M

Mike12032

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
did you modify anything or add a brush guard?, minor fender bender? etc? if not then there's probably not much you could do without a scanner that can test the sensors
Nothing...thanks, looks like I'll make an appointment

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do recall there being some kind of diagnostic procedure for the sensors that I have read about on the forum in the past but not sure if it would apply to your truck or not, you might try doing a search on here for that but the search feature on this forum is rather cumbersome.

OP
OP
M

Mike12032

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I do recall there being some kind of diagnostic procedure for the sensors that I have read about on the forum in the past but not sure if it would apply to your truck or not, you might try doing a search on here for that but the search feature on this forum is rather cumbersome.
Thanks for the info. I have seen a few things on it. About codes not showing up when there a problem.