Please help! My truck is sick.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lichen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It was driving fine four days ago.

Now, after it has warmed up it will suddenly sound like it is sucking air and cant go past idle. It won't start warm, only cold.

What changes after the engine is warmed up?

I have a video of it:

Any help? Please!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Choke is stuck closed...
After warmup choke opens if its stuck closed it wont start when its warm, pop the aircleaner of and push down on the choke plate or spray with a bunch of carb cleaner... i don't remember if u can see the choke plates on those carburated fuel injectors (lol) but I'd start with some gumout and go from there....

OP
OP
lichen

lichen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I looked under the throttle plates and didn't see anything related to a choke. Wouldn't the computer just enrich the mix via the tb injectors?

I did spray everything in the TB with carb cleaner and unplugged and repluged a bunch on connections.

This time it seemed to warm up slower. (also discovered the temp sensor wire is loose)

Could a stuck injector have caused a lean condition after the computer tried to stop enriching the mix (choke)?