PLEASE HELP. Fule filter orings-washers??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04chevyhoe

Reaction score
On my 2004 tahoe I am changin the fuel filter. I removed the old filter and when I did 1 yellow oring-1 black oring - 2 steel washers- and a black bushing fell out and I have no idea on how it goes back togehter.

I need to get this put back ASAP so any help is great....one of those deals, "I will go change it quick" then OO F%^K

DaRosa218

The Dude abides
Reaction score
Damn, I literally just changed my fuel filter. I have a '02 Flex Fuel 5.3L so its a quick clip on one side and a screw in type on the other. I'll try to search for you and see what I can come up with.

OP
OP

04chevyhoe

Reaction score
the orings-washers-bushing is on the plastic clip side of the fuel filter

I have been searching everywhere with no luck

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

anyone know where to find a microfiche online?

OP
OP

04chevyhoe

Reaction score
After calling a few dealerships, asking the parts Dept to look on the microfiche, and talking with Techs in the service Dept's. Nobody had a clue.

I found the same question answered on the internet.

Customer Question Ask your own question now > 2003 Chevy Tahoe 5.3 L Flex fuel V8 - replacing fuel filter. I took off the old fuel filter, which has a quick connector on the engine side. When the filter came out a black plastic ferrule, a yellow o-ring, a black o-ring and 2 stainless steel washers fell out of the quick connect into my drain pan. In what order do those parts go into the quick connect?

Hello Customer,

They go in this order,putting the black o-ring first,washer,yellow o-ring,washer,plastic ferrule(bevel towards the filter) & there is usually a lock on the inside of the quick coupling(designs will vary with the locks).I have had these leak before on some Buicks 3.8 supercharged & the quick-coupling would be located at the fuel rail.I have not been able to find any replacement parts ,so I save all old quick -couplings for spare parts (in case of an emergency).

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take a cpl pics of your fuel rails without the fuel filter for me

Ttime

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On my 2004 tahoe I am changin the fuel filter. I removed the old filter and when I did 1 yellow oring-1 black oring - 2 steel washers- and a black bushing fell out and I have no idea on how it goes back togehter.

I need to get this put back ASAP so any help is great....one of those deals, "I will go change it quick" then OO F%^K
Hey how did you fix this

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya, post pics of whatever it is you took apart, there is no fuel filter on a 04 it's integrated into the fuel pump in the gas tank.
besides this being a 11 year resurrected thread @Ttime

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yote1