Playing Video in 2017 Tahoe LT w/MYLINK & Nav

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

latemodelsedan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey, guys. im new here and hoping to find some help. just some background, im currently on my third tahoe in a row. its a 2017 LT with the luxury and signature packages which obviously includes bose and mylink. heres the problem, in my previous 2015 LT (without nav) i was able to play mp4 video on my mylink system via usb flash drives but now with the newer model i cant. seems weird to me that chevy would take this capability away. thing is, if you were to reach out to anyone at a dealership or even chevy directly none of them even know that this capability existed at all. everyone ive spoken to about it has told me neither my previous nor current model support video playback via usb but clearly they dont know what theyre talking about because i played videos in my 2015 for three years!

the problem i initially had with the 2015 was that vids had to be converted to appropriate specs in order to play. in other words, i couldnt just transfer them as they were to my flash drive and play them. i had to use handbrake with a pre-configured formula i found online to get them to play. but now, with or without that conversion they dont play at all. just hoping maybe someone out there can help with this. i did a quick search prior to posting and it didnt yield any results. thanks for reading.

IMG_20151227_024414.jpg IMG_20151227_024432.jpg IMG_20151230_072048.jpg

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the comments of the following youtube video, the guys says they took away the video playback feature in 2017 models:

OP
OP
L

latemodelsedan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven't done this before...but am interested. Have you seen this: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/top...nk-infotainment-playable-video-formats/page-2

ive seen similar threads. its just confusing as hell because even chevy and its employees (at least the ones we can directly communicate with) had no idea that this was possible. no one believed me until i actually showed them proof. as far as dealerships saying chevy took the feature away, im also gonna say that they probably really dont know what theyre talking about because again, most of them had no idea it was possible at all.

Nav792

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 17" Tahoe LT and am able to play mp4 via usb stick plugged into rear...Just works , did not have to do anything special.

OP
OP
L

latemodelsedan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i have a 17" Tahoe LT and am able to play mp4 via usb stick plugged into rear...Just works , did not have to do anything special.
Thanks for replying. I have a couple of questions for you though. What packages do you have with your LT? Also when you say you plug the flash drive into the "rear" where specifically are you referring to? As far as I know I only have 5 USB ports and they are all in the front. please clarify what youre saying.

Last edited:

Nav792

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for replying. I have a couple of questions for you though. What packages do you have with your LT? Also when you say you plug the flash drive into the "rear" where specifically are you referring to? As far as I know I only have 5 USB ports and they are all in the front. please clarify what youre saying.
I have Luxury package and Sun, Entertainment & Destinations package. I use the USB port on the back of the middle console. I also have a lighting I ng to HDMI connector which NY daughter uses to watch Netflix in the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu