Plasti dipped wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. How many coats did you put on?

OP
OP
Windwalker

Windwalker

Reaction score
I used 6 coats. I have a bottle of clear coat as well but I think I'm gonna leave them matte. Opinion on center cap please? Keep silver or black it out as well? I kinda dig the police wheel look but I'm uncertain of how it looks and would like your feedback.

mmeachem

Reaction score
I used 6 coats. I have a bottle of clear coat as well but I think I'm gonna leave them matte. Opinion on center cap please? Keep silver or black it out as well? I kinda dig the police wheel look but I'm uncertain of how it looks and would like your feedback.
I say keep it silver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed silver. Gives it some contrast with the lug nuts. Glossifier of clear coat?
If clear coat rattle can, you will have a hard time if you ever decide to peel it off.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Windwalker

Windwalker

Reaction score
Yeah glossifier is what I meant. :) Awesome thank you Eagle. Do you hydrodip yourself? I think I'm gonna do it again in a couple of months and on the final coats lay down a thicker layer.

eagle-co94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the kit, watched dozens of videos but haven't done it yet. My wife gave it to me over a year ago for my birthday and she rightly criticizes me for not having dipped anything yet.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Black out the caps, then take a razor blade and go around the bowtie then peel up the bowtie. I think that would look cool, and I've actually never seen it done before

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2