Plasti Dipped Grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
I have the same grill Chicago and when I had it in the shop they told me that one of the cross bars or whatever you call them was loose and didn't want to install it. So I had it plasti dipped. BK if you want it I'll give you a good deal there's really no issue and I bet it might slip back in or at worst a little glue and it would be good. Let me know . I want to get my grill painted and color matched but I just need to find someone to do it. The one shop said they couldn't guarantee the results and wouldn't do it.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues with any piece of mine being loose but I would imagine it being an easy fix the way the grill is designed. It's a straight forward install and I believe one individual on this forum was even able to install a new grill without taking the whole bumper cover off. I did end up removing the whole bumper cover to get mine on but was still straight forward and easy to do, just annoying with all the different plastic tabs that needed to be removed.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Those blacked out grills look great! Can't wait to do mine!
You will love it when it's black, I love mine and would like to have it painted to match my vehicle but I went to 2 body shops and neither one would paint it!

OP
OP
BK76

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same grill Chicago and when I had it in the shop they told me that one of the cross bars or whatever you call them was loose and didn't want to install it. So I had it plasti dipped. BK if you want it I'll give you a good deal there's really no issue and I bet it might slip back in or at worst a little glue and it would be good. Let me know . I want to get my grill painted and color matched but I just need to find someone to do it. The one shop said they couldn't guarantee the results and wouldn't do it.

Thanks @Denali132 ... I sent you a private message with some of my info. I am definetly interested in the grill. I can already see a few spots where I messed up and instead of just trying to correct it, I will probably peal it off and redo it better this time.

My biggest problem that i caused was a lot of small back and forth sprays instead of one continuous motion from right edge to left edge and left edge to right edge. I still love the look, but when I look close, i can see where I had a large amount of overspray. I also have one little corner near the emblem that has already pealed up. the other 3 corners just like it area all perfect, but just one piece has peeled up. So lessons learned on my first medium scale dip session.

TahoeTX

Reaction score
How well does the plasti-dipped grill hold up in the car wash? How long before it starts to peel off? I go through the car wash a couple times a week.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
How well does the plasti-dipped grill hold up in the car wash? How long before it starts to peel off? I go through the car wash a couple times a week.
I've taken mine through the car wash a few times and it's held up great! I have to go to the car wash more than I want because I've had 4 back surgeries so far and detailing my SUV I love but my back kills me and sometimes can't move for a few days. I keep my Suburban clean all the time and unfortunately that requires me to have to go to the car wash more than I want. But I'm really supervised how well it's held up, I had it done like 2 months ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14