Plasti Dipped Grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BK76

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the guy gloss mine and it does a little

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

I love the look. Im surprised he kept the bowtie emblem on. mine popped out pretty easy and then I just popped it back in place

BK

OP
OP
BK76

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really need to do this to mine!!!

I got several quotes for wrapping and the cost was anywhere from $500-700 (Portland,OR area) to do both the grill and window trim. I had used Plasti dip on my truck emblems back in the day and it was easy to use. I watched a few videos on youtube, mostly DipYourCar.com and ended up buying their Grill & Trim kit for $40. Took me about 4 hours in total from prepping the grill, spraying and cleanup. I haven't done the window trim yet, but that will be done after I return from vacation in a few weeks.

So far, very happy with the end results.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got several quotes for wrapping and the cost was anywhere from $500-700 (Portland,OR area) to do both the grill and window trim. I had used Plasti dip on my truck emblems back in the day and it was easy to use. I watched a few videos on youtube, mostly DipYourCar.com and ended up buying their Grill & Trim kit for $40. Took me about 4 hours in total from prepping the grill, spraying and cleanup. I haven't done the window trim yet, but that will be done after I return from vacation in a few weeks.

So far, very happy with the end results.

Wow, those are some insane quotes!

I went the route of just purchasing a black grill from eBay and installing on my Tahoe but this plasti-dip job turned out well on your truck.

I had plasti-dipped my trim and it turned out OK but I wasn't entirely satisfied with the way it look or felt so I took it off and instead did vinyl wrap on the trim and I'm much happier with the way it looks but it could just have been that I did a poor job with the plasti-dip...

OP
OP
BK76

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, those are some insane quotes!

I went the route of just purchasing a black grill from eBay and installing on my Tahoe but this plasti-dip job turned out well on your truck.

I had plasti-dipped my trim and it turned out OK but I wasn't entirely satisfied with the way it look or felt so I took it off and instead did vinyl wrap on the trim and I'm much happier with the way it looks but it could just have been that I did a poor job with the plasti-dip...

Yes, i have looked into a new grill for the Tahoe and I may still do it in the future. This grill is less then 300 on Amazon and I still have it on my "wish list". this way I would only need to do the small trim above the headlights. now if they sold those pieces above the lights in black, I would get all 3 pieces for sure.

plasti dip is doing well for now (less than a week). We shall see how it survives during the summer and winter.

upload_2017-5-3_9-33-45.png

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the exact same grill I have installed on my Tahoe. Mine is matte black and I've done all the chrome trim in a vinyl matte black to match. The chrome trim above the headlights was super easy to do. The window trim posed a few issues but nothing a little patience can't overcome.

OP
OP
BK76

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the exact same grill I have installed on my Tahoe. Mine is matte black and I've done all the chrome trim in a vinyl matte black to match. The chrome trim above the headlights was super easy to do. The window trim posed a few issues but nothing a little patience can't overcome.

do you have any pics of the completed project? specifically the grill. Depending on the look, i may just order it now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr

Latest posts