Plasti Dipped Grill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I finally had a dry weekend to tape up the rig and use some plasti dip. I ordered the Grill and Trim kit from www.DIPYOURCAR.com . under $40 and it worked great. Took just a little over 1 can for the grill alone. You get 2 cans in the kit which will go towards the trim pieces. I haven't done the trim yet around the windows, but that will happen this week. Prior to this I had only used plasti-dip on emblems, so I wanted to just do one piece at a time to start.

I didn't take off the grill, but i did unattach from the top and and slightly pulled it away. I also used a large pizza box (worked perfectly) to cover the back of the grill so no spray got onto the motor compartment.

Lastly, I wanted to keep the emblem on the front untouched, so I removed it. Some Youtube videos said you would need to go from the bottom.... NOT SO. I am a bigger then normal guy (6'5 / 315#) and had no problem reaching in from the top and pushing the 4 tabs out and it popped right now so I could spray under and then reattach when completed. This worked great.

I added 6 layers on the truck, but only took 3 photos of the process before the ending. I love this site as I was able to get a lot of feedback before going through the process.

upload_2017-5-1_8-25-35.png

upload_2017-5-1_8-25-44.png

upload_2017-5-1_8-25-54.png

upload_2017-5-1_8-26-4.png

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Are you going to glossify it?

OP
OP
BK76

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good! Are you going to glossify it?

I hadn't thought about the Glossifier until after I had already ordered my kit. Im going to see if they happen to have it at Lowes or Home Depot. If not, I may order a bottle online. I don't mind the matte look... I have had it for years on my diesel truck, but I think it would be a little better with some gloss to it.

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score

AngelXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I finally had a dry weekend to tape up the rig and use some plasti dip. I ordered the Grill and Trim kit from www.DIPYOURCAR.com . under $40 and it worked great. Took just a little over 1 can for the grill alone. You get 2 cans in the kit which will go towards the trim pieces. I haven't done the trim yet around the windows, but that will happen this week. Prior to this I had only used plasti-dip on emblems, so I wanted to just do one piece at a time to start.

I didn't take off the grill, but i did unattach from the top and and slightly pulled it away. I also used a large pizza box (worked perfectly) to cover the back of the grill so no spray got onto the motor compartment.

Lastly, I wanted to keep the emblem on the front untouched, so I removed it. Some Youtube videos said you would need to go from the bottom.... NOT SO. I am a bigger then normal guy (6'5 / 315#) and had no problem reaching in from the top and pushing the 4 tabs out and it popped right now so I could spray under and then reattach when completed. This worked great.

I added 6 layers on the truck, but only took 3 photos of the process before the ending. I love this site as I was able to get a lot of feedback before going through the process.

View attachment 80744

View attachment 80745

View attachment 80746

View attachment 80747
Looks really good. Good work!

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Rented one with that new IPT and liked it.