Pioneer NEX series Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had issue with back up camera as well but found out they used wrong harness instructions. I was plugging reverse on pioneer side to parking brake on PAC side. Plan to fix this and see if all is well.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed this unit this weekend but have to go back in because I'm missing the RSE cable. I tested chrome cast and android auto and all works fine with my LG4. My main concern is phone charges slow. Still monitoring but seems like it charges and actually goes down in power when android auto is used. I'm using the OEM cables from unit to the arm rest. I wonder if this cable or the length is causing the issue. Tempted to get the cigarette lighter setup if it will make an improvement with charging. Will test a different cable connected to center console to see if it helps.
Its only a 1 amp or so charge from the HU, not a 2.1 amp charge that the new andriods needs.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, that makes sense then. No matter what I do, I cant get the reverse interrupt to work. Even tapped directly to the HU from the dark blue wire under the steering column. Its all leading me to believe the HU is the issue but will test 1 more thing in a couple days, wire reverse to yellow and see if the reverse stays on. If it doesnt, i think its safe to say the HU has issues.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine goes to the parking sensors and not the backup camera, but it may be bc i chose thr wrong option when I setup the maestro

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
Why does Crutchfield say the 4200NEX does not fit? I have an 08 with Bose with Navi and I guess they do not recommend using one that has a folding down face.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why does Crutchfield say the 4200NEX does not fit? I have an 08 with Bose with Navi and I guess they do not recommend using one that has a folding down face.
Its in another thread, but you have to use the schose kit or the screen wont flip down. The metra kit doesnt work properly. Thats why they have jt down as incompatible. The entire unit is slightly wider
Thanks for the thread. I am in GA, not too far from you. Can I call you to discuss some things? Will PM you.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up tapping reverse light positive green wire and running it to the HU and now everything works fine. Not sure why the dark blue under steering wheel doesnt give a signal but got it to work the hard way.

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
For the brown harness that came with the GM5, I plugged the backup cam RCA to the dedicated backup cam RCA of the 4200nex but where do I plug the sub out and center RCA's from the harness on the 4200nex?

Chetrick87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the 4200 need a bypass? My 8200 has a bypass built in and i thought all of the nex radios do? Theres a quick video on youtube on how to activate it. You hold a spot in5the lower left corner of the screen for 10 seconds and it activates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh