Pioneer NEX series Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 4200nex with maestro rr, gm5 harnessing and aftermarket flip down and headrest

I like it, except you cant use the dual zone with using android auto. You can only mirror. Also, the hdmi input does not pass to the rear monitors, which suck. The sd car slot is useful for movies and the such. By the autotune microphone for simple tuning ($20).

And for the bypass, look up pioneer micro bypass. You hook up the power, ground and remote. I have to turn my radio off, then back on for my bypass to work. The old ground wire trick does not work with the 15/16 radios.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the 4200nex with maestro rr, gm5 harnessing and aftermarket flip down and headrest

I like it, except you cant use the dual zone with using android auto. You can only mirror. Also, the hdmi input does not pass to the rear monitors, which suck. The sd car slot is useful for movies and the such. By the autotune microphone for simple tuning ($20).

And for the bypass, look up pioneer micro bypass. You hook up the power, ground and remote. I have to turn my radio off, then back on for my bypass to work. The old ground wire trick does not work with the 15/16 radios.

Dam. I need another audio source to work while android auto or miracast. That is a deal breaker. Now i wonder if there is anyway to do that...

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dam. I need another audio source to work while android auto or miracast. That is a deal breaker. Now i wonder if there is anyway to do that...
I have not done the lastest update, but I doubt it fixes that issue. It would be sweet if i could do android auto and rear tv from the sd card at the same time.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You ever try Miracast? I was looking at a video on youtube. If you setup the rear first, maybe you can do the front afterwards? This is bugging me hard lol. Every reason I wanted to upgrade stock was related to this...

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You ever try Miracast? I was looking at a video on youtube. If you setup the rear first, maybe you can do the front afterwards? This is bugging me hard lol. Every reason I wanted to upgrade stock was related to this...
Nope. I beleive only certain phones work and just about everyone gave up on it.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. No
2. Yes with the correct harnesses
3. Not sure
4. rewire from the USB to the new head unit ($5 mini USB to USB wire)
5. purchase a relay bypass
6. You'll need a dash kit and correct wiring harnesses

Did some research and according to this link, I need a female mini to connect to OEM wire? I would go from USB on new HU to mini/micro usb on OEM cable. Cant find the proper USB to do this. All I see is the same micro that sticks out of the OEM cable in car...

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/adding-usb-to-center-console.84640/

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone retained usb with aftermarket radio in oem section? Trying to do this without going cig lighter route

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found my answer! The cable needed to retain USB is on amazon with limited supply.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016NLD0BA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was interested in getting the cigarette lighter one as well but plan to use the other USB to charge a chrome cast for wireless miracast.

4200NEX confirmed needs a toggle or micro bypass option so grabbed that too. Hope to try install this weekend. Appreciate all the feedback so far.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed this unit this weekend but have to go back in because I'm missing the RSE cable. I tested chrome cast and android auto and all works fine with my LG4. My main concern is phone charges slow. Still monitoring but seems like it charges and actually goes down in power when android auto is used. I'm using the OEM cables from unit to the arm rest. I wonder if this cable or the length is causing the issue. Tempted to get the cigarette lighter setup if it will make an improvement with charging. Will test a different cable connected to center console to see if it helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14