Pioneer NEX series Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am familiar with upgraded radio installs but never did a setup this complicated (dual zone, usb, etc).

Best Buy had a crazy sale on 4200 NEX ($499 vs normally 699) and wanted to give it a try. Stock unit works perfectly but map is outdated and wanted to try the android auto and miracast.

I bought the PAC switch (GM32) which should allow me to retain everything including steering wheel controls but didnt want to start anything without knowing what I was getting into. I had a few questions/concerns:

1) Wanted to keep stock microphone setup since it was in a great spot. Is this possible with aftermarket HU?
2) Will this setup truly work with no cut wires?
3) This HU I bought has dual zone just like stock Navi unit. Will anything additional be needed to work the same way?
4) I wanted to maintain the stock USB setup under the center console. What did you have to do to maintain this?
5) I want to watch dvds in front while car moving. How do you bypass this?
6) Did you need anything else to complete install? Dash kit? etc?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. No
2. Yes with the correct harnesses
3. Not sure
4. rewire from the USB to the new head unit ($5 mini USB to USB wire)
5. purchase a relay bypass
6. You'll need a dash kit and correct wiring harnesses

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I checked that link about aftermarket installs and there are a lot of options to keep retention of features like camera, etc. Being that the unit I have has back up cam capability, dual zone etc, I shouldnt need anything more than the PAC harness setup right?

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the thread. I am in GA, not too far from you. Can I call you to discuss some things? Will PM you.

BlueAc

Reaction score
If anybody needs some installation accessories for our trucks please PM me. I ordered all parts to install my Pioneer and then ended up changing to the Alpine Restyle.

List of what I have (all brand new) :

Best kits Double Din kit
iDatalink Maestro ADS MRR
Maestro GM Harness HRN-RR-G5+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu