Piggybacking the Bose Amp / Upgrade Advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
choodock

choodock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally had a chance to wire up my Pioneer HU yesterday. I wired the radio in without an interface and used a relay and tapping into the RAP wire for the power sunroof (which my Tahoe doesn't have) to allow the HU to function just like a factory stereo. I don't miss the chimes at all! I also used a relay to turn on the Bose amp when the radio is on. Another relay is for the reverse camera that is also hooked to a heavy duty diode that allows me to view the camera at any time. I used a switch on the remote wire from the HU to the relay to turn on the camera whenever I want, but it always comes on in reverse. It's an unnecessary feature, but one that I had to have. I only tested the backup camera as I have not installed it yet because the seats all have to come out in a few weeks to switch the old tan carpet out for black rubber flooring. I'll run the wires for the camera and the amp and subs when the carpet is out. I also added a 4 gang fuse block under the dash. I used Rockford Fosgate female RCA lineouts soldered to the bose amp speaker inputs. Everything works flawlessly thus far. The Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS sounds better than my NNBS Silverado with Bose. The Bose sub helps add balance to the system because the Pioneer 6.5's offer virtually no bass. I also got the sub box sitting under the second row seats, although now I can't lay my seats flat. I'm thinking of going with some Rockford Fosgate R2SD2-10 subs instead of the Pioneers. I have not decided on an amp yet either because I am looking for a place to mount the amp.

OP
OP
choodock

choodock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also spent some extra time mounting an aux input and usb input in the console. I mounted the relays under the steering column. The bracket holding the BullyDog only has one mounting screw until I find its final location.

Attachments

• Inputs.jpg
    Inputs.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Relays.jpg
    Relays.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Finished.jpg
    Finished.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
OP
OP
choodock

choodock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on 10 inch shallow mount subs? And an amp to match? I'm not trying to build a system you can hear and feel from a block away; I just want some bump in the backseat. I'd like to spend around $300 for the subs and amp.

My Tahoe sounded terrible with just the base stereo and some blown speakers, so where I am now is worlds apart. In the future I'd like to upgrade to some nice components in the doors and power them with a 4 channel amp.

Ftrsavage

Reaction score
How did you wire ur head unit without a interface.... I have the lux bose system in my 2001 yukon Denali and I installed a new head unit but I don't get any sound....

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did you wire ur head unit without a interface.... I have the lux bose system in my 2001 yukon Denali and I installed a new head unit but I don't get any sound....
This thread was last updated in 2013 and that member hasn't been on here since 2014 so don't hold your breath. PAC makes harnesses/ steering wheel control interfaces that work well. Sounds like your amp isn't turning on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission