Picked up a 06 Suburban LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Diggerdan11

Diggerdan11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

roc1967

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I got my Suburban I found out about the 06 Suburban LTZ. It's basically a unicorn. They are pretty rare. They basically came with Z71 trim, but all the plastics were black instead of gray. The roof rack and step bars also look exactly like the Z71 versions, except they are chrome instead of black. Then the grill is somewhat special as well, it's a color matched grill just like a Z71 grill, but then just the center bar is chrome like the 99-02 Silverado grill. Then GM also decided to throw in the Escalade door handles and the same exact 20" chrome wheels that came on the Silverado SS. And don't forget the drivetrain, it had an AWD 6.0 just like the Escalade and Denali.
It's like GM took all the best parts off the GMT800's and put them all on one SUV for the final year of the body style.
I remember when I bought my black Suburban LTZ front air dam. I searched high and low and I couldn't find one, all I kept coming up with was the gray Z71 air dam. I ended up getting a VIN from a 06 LTZ and then using that to get an actual part number from the dealer. Once I had the CORRECT part number for the actual black air dam, I tracked one down that a Chevy dealership was selling on eBay. Now you can find aftermarket black Z71/LTZ style air dams all over, even at Rockauto.

Hey Scotty,
Do you happen to have the PN of that black valance? I'd love to put one on my 2002 Tahoe.

Thanks!

camaroz1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Scotty,
Do you happen to have the PN of that black valance? I'd love to put one on my 2002 Tahoe.

Thanks!

I had the number somewhere at one point, but can't find it now. I think they are discontinued though. Might be able to find a reproduction part on ebay or something.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That one is missing the steps too, but has the SS wheels.

So I did a search on cars.com and there are 8 LTZs for sale and all of them have the carbon fiber trim. So it looks like that came standard.

That truck is also missing the original front grill. It has an all chrome Tahoe/Suburban front grill. The LTZ grill is color matched with the rest of the truck, yet it has just the very center grill bar still chrome.
Oh, and I just noticed that about the carbon fiber dash and door trim as well. That's another cool feature unique to the 06 LTZ.

Bonestock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want that carbon trim package. Anyone have a part number?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9