Picked up a 06 Suburban LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diggerdan11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as I love my BMW I decided it was time to get something much bigger. I was set in buying a Yukon XL Denali but I found this and decided to buy it.

It's an 06 Suburban LTZ which I had never heard of before. It's AWD with the LQ4, basically a Chevy Denali. This one happens to be missing the chrome 20s and the side steps but oh well. I will probably try to replace the steps if I can but I don't mind having the 17's

Anyone else in here have a LTZ? This is the first one I have ever seen.

a4974d637a4d4b92f029807db3f6d6c5.jpg

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I got my Suburban I found out about the 06 Suburban LTZ. It's basically a unicorn. They are pretty rare. They basically came with Z71 trim, but all the plastics were black instead of gray. The roof rack and step bars also look exactly like the Z71 versions, except they are chrome instead of black. Then the grill is somewhat special as well, it's a color matched grill just like a Z71 grill, but then just the center bar is chrome like the 99-02 Silverado grill. Then GM also decided to throw in the Escalade door handles and the same exact 20" chrome wheels that came on the Silverado SS. And don't forget the drivetrain, it had an AWD 6.0 just like the Escalade and Denali.
It's like GM took all the best parts off the GMT800's and put them all on one SUV for the final year of the body style.
I remember when I bought my black Suburban LTZ front air dam. I searched high and low and I couldn't find one, all I kept coming up with was the gray Z71 air dam. I ended up getting a VIN from a 06 LTZ and then using that to get an actual part number from the dealer. Once I had the CORRECT part number for the actual black air dam, I tracked one down that a Chevy dealership was selling on eBay. Now you can find aftermarket black Z71/LTZ style air dams all over, even at Rockauto.

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
What...the....actual....fak!
Crazy I never knew. I just thought the previous owner was a stalker of tyf lol.
That's a good score by the op:thumbsup:

Now I'm curious about interior specs

OP
OP
Diggerdan11

Diggerdan11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What...the....actual....fak!
Crazy I never knew. I just thought the previous owner was a stalker of tyf lol.
That's a good score by the op:thumbsup:

Now I'm curious about interior specs

Yeah it's a pretty cool find. I bought this over a lower mileage Denali just because it's kinda rare.

It has the tan interior which is a little strange. I'm use to seeing they gray and the dark charcoal interiors. I also made a pretty good score since it has the GM carbon fiber dash bezel and window switch trim. Something you can't buy anymore from GM dealers. It's just missing the center console trim which I think I'm going to have to add

85d132b0fbde2e8a77c15f086b6acea0.jpg

04112c78e3b25e01ed8d9a80d4c45f2c.jpg

OP
OP
Diggerdan11

Diggerdan11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what they look like from the factory.

84a19bb7a7e009bdd80e35ecd7f598f6.jpg

After some research it looks like I cans buy the chrome steps from the dealer but they don't have the actual rubber portion that you step on. So either I need to replace them with the black z71 steps or buy aftermarket ones, but those might not fit right.

I could go without steps but the plastic cladding was designed to have steps so it looks a little funky without

c09b0b550aae0f1cf8b0a7bdfdbbdc0e.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah it's a pretty cool find. I bought this over a lower mileage Denali just because it's kinda rare.

It has the tan interior which is a little strange. I'm use to seeing they gray and the dark charcoal interiors. I also made a pretty good score since it has the GM carbon fiber dash bezel and window switch trim. Something you can't buy anymore from GM dealers. It's just missing the center console trim which I think I'm going to have to add

85d132b0fbde2e8a77c15f086b6acea0.jpg

04112c78e3b25e01ed8d9a80d4c45f2c.jpg
That carbon fiber looks exactly like the setup from an 02 Denali my buddy parted out.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
I need one of these. [emoji106]

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whenever in doubt about the factory build and what it does or does not include, check the VIN.