Picked up 3 2 Doors, looking for 4th.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Back N Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I bought a new GMC Canyon earlier this year and it turns out I didnt care for it too much. The driveability sucked and the interior space was too cramped. So I wanted to go back to a full size, but all the newer stuff is too big. I drive and make a number of stops in the city involving street parking and such. It finally dawned on me that a 2 door Tahoe should fit the bill.

After a long wait with a craigslist seller about 3 hours away (title issues), I finally came home with a 1997 LS 4WD. Its a 2 tone with Majestic Teal Metallic over Metallic Silver. Looks great with the brand new 17" Silverado wheels and tires I bought off Craigslist. Can barely tell that its running and the shifting is buttery smooth. The ride down the freeway is like an older Cadillac. Probably needs new shocks. :)

I liked that one so much, I wanted another as a backup. Well, a 1999 came up on Craigslist. I paid a bit more for this one, but its a Pewter LT with the painted to match fender flares. Also has 93000 miles and is again local to the Northwest so no rust and no wear on the leather either. Nice truck!

So a week after that, I'm looking on Craigslist and there is another 2 door Tahoe. This one is 1999 Z71 Sport LS, in black with the dark metallic grey lower half, bumpers, and grill. Like the other 2 this one is not messed with, which I like and in very clean condition. Also, this is a local car purchased at a local Chevy dealer and has been around here all its life (no rust). Only had 120k miles. Couldn't resist getting it because I love black.

So even getting all 3, I am in way less than that Canyon that I didn't care for much at all. I've done some looking and it looks like most of the main parts from AC Delco are pretty inexpensive from Amazon. I'd just as soon put the same part back on the truck that I'm taking off if the price point is similar as aftermarket. These are just great trucks. I appreciate the ease of driving, awesome visibility, and low cost of ownership. Just hope I can continue to find them for a while. Glad to be a part of the group here.

Oh, and I would make room for a 4th in a heartbeat. It would have to be a Diesel though. Would really like to find one around here and have it be reasonably priced.

-Jeff

That is awesome! I have always loved the 2 doors. Got mine about 3 years ago. A 96 Tahoe LT Z71, with 230k miles, and a couple gallons of water in the crankcase. :( I knew it had issues when I got it, but that didn't scare me. I had planned to fix it, swap another factory motor into it, or swap in one of my dad's big block carbed motors. It's awesome that you were able to buy three of them for less than one Canyon. You can find them for reasonable prices though. I hope you can buy the 4th and stay under the price of that Canyon, and then you can still afford to tinker with all of them! Time to post more pics, and of all three! :thumbsup:

Samuraj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I bought a new GMC Canyon earlier this year and it turns out I didnt care for it too much. The driveability sucked and the interior space was too cramped. So I wanted to go back to a full size, but all the newer stuff is too big. I drive and make a number of stops in the city involving street parking and such. It finally dawned on me that a 2 door Tahoe should fit the bill.

After a long wait with a craigslist seller about 3 hours away (title issues), I finally came home with a 1997 LS 4WD. Its a 2 tone with Majestic Teal Metallic over Metallic Silver. Looks great with the brand new 17" Silverado wheels and tires I bought off Craigslist. Can barely tell that its running and the shifting is buttery smooth. The ride down the freeway is like an older Cadillac. Probably needs new shocks. :)

I liked that one so much, I wanted another as a backup. Well, a 1999 came up on Craigslist. I paid a bit more for this one, but its a Pewter LT with the painted to match fender flares. Also has 93000 miles and is again local to the Northwest so no rust and no wear on the leather either. Nice truck!

So a week after that, I'm looking on Craigslist and there is another 2 door Tahoe. This one is 1999 Z71 Sport LS, in black with the dark metallic grey lower half, bumpers, and grill. Like the other 2 this one is not messed with, which I like and in very clean condition. Also, this is a local car purchased at a local Chevy dealer and has been around here all its life (no rust). Only had 120k miles. Couldn't resist getting it because I love black.

So even getting all 3, I am in way less than that Canyon that I didn't care for much at all. I've done some looking and it looks like most of the main parts from AC Delco are pretty inexpensive from Amazon. I'd just as soon put the same part back on the truck that I'm taking off if the price point is similar as aftermarket. These are just great trucks. I appreciate the ease of driving, awesome visibility, and low cost of ownership. Just hope I can continue to find them for a while. Glad to be a part of the group here.

Oh, and I would make room for a 4th in a heartbeat. It would have to be a Diesel though. Would really like to find one around here and have it be reasonably priced.

-Jeff
Did you say .... diesel?
Here you go , 95 , 250K
50K on new goodwrench engine
3500 or best offer , Chicago

IMG_1892.JPG

IMG_1893.JPG

IMG_1896.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member