Picked up 3 2 Doors, looking for 4th.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spazzman90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I bought a new GMC Canyon earlier this year and it turns out I didnt care for it too much. The driveability sucked and the interior space was too cramped. So I wanted to go back to a full size, but all the newer stuff is too big. I drive and make a number of stops in the city involving street parking and such. It finally dawned on me that a 2 door Tahoe should fit the bill.

After a long wait with a craigslist seller about 3 hours away (title issues), I finally came home with a 1997 LS 4WD. Its a 2 tone with Majestic Teal Metallic over Metallic Silver. Looks great with the brand new 17" Silverado wheels and tires I bought off Craigslist. Can barely tell that its running and the shifting is buttery smooth. The ride down the freeway is like an older Cadillac. Probably needs new shocks. :)

I liked that one so much, I wanted another as a backup. Well, a 1999 came up on Craigslist. I paid a bit more for this one, but its a Pewter LT with the painted to match fender flares. Also has 93000 miles and is again local to the Northwest so no rust and no wear on the leather either. Nice truck!

So a week after that, I'm looking on Craigslist and there is another 2 door Tahoe. This one is 1999 Z71 Sport LS, in black with the dark metallic grey lower half, bumpers, and grill. Like the other 2 this one is not messed with, which I like and in very clean condition. Also, this is a local car purchased at a local Chevy dealer and has been around here all its life (no rust). Only had 120k miles. Couldn't resist getting it because I love black.

So even getting all 3, I am in way less than that Canyon that I didn't care for much at all. I've done some looking and it looks like most of the main parts from AC Delco are pretty inexpensive from Amazon. I'd just as soon put the same part back on the truck that I'm taking off if the price point is similar as aftermarket. These are just great trucks. I appreciate the ease of driving, awesome visibility, and low cost of ownership. Just hope I can continue to find them for a while. Glad to be a part of the group here.

Oh, and I would make room for a 4th in a heartbeat. It would have to be a Diesel though. Would really like to find one around here and have it be reasonably priced.

-Jeff

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
My kid is getting old enough to drive in the next two years. I want to pick one of these two doors up for him. I haven't owned a two door but worked on a few and drove a few. I like them. Just a touch too small for my family.
Congratulations on you purchases. Subbed

Finally

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They all sound great! (especially the last one) We just got a new 16 Tahoe after looking at Blazers and Tahoes many, many times over the years. We've got a 1975 Blazer in the garage that WILL get fixed up someday (coincidentally from the NW). We agreed that if they released a two-door full size again, we'd be all over it.

Congrats on your great purchases.

OP
OP
S

spazzman90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They all sound great! (especially the last one) We just got a new 16 Tahoe after looking at Blazers and Tahoes many, many times over the years. We've got a 1975 Blazer in the garage that WILL get fixed up someday (coincidentally from the NW). We agreed that if they released a two-door full size again, we'd be all over it.

Congrats on your great purchases.

Thanks!

Awesome you having a '75. Loved being a kid back in the day where every family had a Chevy, Ford, or the really poor kids folks had a Dodge (J/K). Hell, a friend of the family still has his '74 K5 that he bought new and still drives almost every day to this day!. He put a new engine in it 15 years ago or so and its still a great truck in great shape. Hope you get yours in the state you want it to be soon.

-Jeff

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Nice! I love those old tin cans! There's nothing to them and so easy to work on. Looks to be in really good shape too. I guess it snowed near you already. Beautiful background.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doc52

Latest posts