Photos of my past and present huge GM Trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

81X11

Reaction score
Hi all, just joined and thought I'd share some pics of my past and present toys. We live in Central Texas, and a Suburban or such vehicle is nearly a requirement to live in this state. We've driven these since the 90's and have loved them all.

Here is our '96 Conversion Suburban. 2WD. This truck was perfect, rode smooth as glass and never gave us any issues. Here's pics from when I first picked it up. I replaced the goofy aftermarket wheels with factory alloys soon after.
Sacns_0109.jpg
Sacns_0103.jpg
Sacns_0110.jpg
Sacns_0111.jpg
Took the truck to Colorado on a ski trip. My wife Misty took these pics to prove to our friends that our cars DID in fact get dirty sometimes. These pics still bother me...can't take a dirty vehicle! ha!
Sacns_0106.jpg
Sacns_0105.jpg
Here's the truck with the stock wheels and RWL tires added. This was still my favorite Burb. My friends called it "The Taco Wagon" and said it belonged in south of the border because of the stripes, but I loved this beast. ; ) It was SOO CLEAN.

SuburbanPics001.jpg

SuburbanPics004.jpg

SuburbanPics005.jpg

SuburbanPics002.jpg

Soon after I bought my wife this '98 Suburban 4x4. It looked great, really pretty, and was loaded, but the a/c never worked right, I didn't like the way the 4x4 rode, and it had a wind leak around one door that flat could not be fixed. I only kept it a year. When the right-front wheel bearing failed, at 50K miles, I got rid of it.
Sacns_0088.jpg
Sacns_0087.jpg

I traded this Suburban for a 2003 model. This was our best truck. We put over 100K on it and it needed nothing but basic repairs. Gave this to my retired Mom a few years back and it's still going strong with 185K miles on it. Only mod was a Denali dash trim panel.
SuburbanUpdate003.jpg
DenaliDash001.jpg
SuburbanUpdate005.jpg
SuburbanUpdate001.jpg

For the past three years my wife has been driving a Pontiac Grand Prix. We only had two kids and with gas prices just could not justify feeding a Burb...even though we missed them. Well we recently took in three teenagers from some friends going through a divorce, and it looks like this is going to be a permanent situation, so it was a great excuse for another Burb.

Last edited:
OP
OP

81X11

Reaction score
I did not want to make a payment, and we had such good luck with our '03 Burb, that I decided to look for another '03-06 Burb or Yukon. Well a VERY CLEAN 2001 Denali XL showed up on Craigslist at a low price. We went and looked at it. Doctor-owned with all records since new, and CLEAN. I made a lowball offer and they took it! So it's a little older than I planned, but it's still a nice truck and for what I paid I can not complain. It has 117K miles on it.

3G93Ld3H55Gc5Eb5Hdd1kf0613e7fa9991748.jpg

We only got it on Tuesday, and I've already put new tires on it, replaced a leaking oil pan gasket and differential seal, the ABS module, and now have the front removed to re-paint the front bumper. The bumper and hood were covered with a 3M Clearbra that had cracked terribly. I'm removing it from the hood but on the bumper said forget it and am re-painting it.

Snapped some pics. Pretty amazing, we sold a near-perfect Grand Prix for this truck last weekend, and now the truck is all torn down. My wife Misty is sure it's a lemon. Naw I'll fix it!
denali151.jpg

Hope it comes out well!
denali153.jpg
denali177.jpg

Check out this mess on the hood and tops of the front fenders. This was a 3M Clearbra. On the upside I got $500 off just for this mess.
denali164.jpg
denali156.jpg
denali159.jpg
denali161.jpg

The Clearbra was also on the mirrors. I've given up on these and ordered Bully polished stainless caps to cover the white mess here.
denali167.jpg
denali169.jpg

On the upside I scored a set of new take-off Continental tires from a Ford Super Duty. Still have the nubs on the treads.
denali171.jpg

Vortec 6.0....dusty mess but will make it pretty once it's home.
denali174.jpg

And here's the front bumper. It was totally covered with that 3M Clearbra crap. Using solvent to get it off, then will sand and re-paint it.
denali178.jpg

Again hope the truck comes out pretty and is a good vehicle for us.

Glad to find this forum!

-Mike

Last edited:

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
Awesome bro, keep up updated on the progress! Looks like a pretty solid truck despite the cosmetics...

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice collection of SUVs. Now let's see some of them get modded! :waytogo:

OP
OP

81X11

Reaction score
Will update pics of the new-to-me Denali once the bumper is back on and the truck is detailed top-to-bottom. I want it to be PRETTY!

I just ordered new front turn signals since the daytime running lights were fogged up. Easy swap with the grill off.

Little-by-Little!

-Mike

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice fleet of vehicles

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome stuff! What a wonderful thing you are doing the for those teenagers and there parents! Nice trucks and I especially like your original red on red! Don't make'em like that anymore. That Denali is a real beauty though! I'd like one of those next!

Good luck with the repairs and be sure to enjoy them as well!

OP
OP

81X11

Reaction score
It's outside. All the mechanical repairs are done.

Newly-painted front bumper is installed, grill is cleaned up and new turn signals installed under headlights. Still need to polish the headlights, have to get the rest of the 3M Clearbra off the hood and upper fenders, and give the truck a HUGE bath and detail job, but it's coming along.

Little-by-Little.

denalibumper005.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trackman