Phone Holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkhawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I bought a phone holder which I've always loved and it won't adhere to the Yukon for some reason.

I tried doing it to the silver portion right above the vent to the left of the radio and it just won't adhere!

Does anyone have any good options that worked that does not include a suction cup on the windshield?

SouthernAZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Look for one on Amazon with the name "Bestrix" that goes in the CD slot. It's about $20 and fits just about any phone. The best one I've ever had.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a look at Iottie for one with a very sticky soft suction cup base. It has stuck on my dash for months now and I put it right onto the textured part of the dash. Note that I bought a separate sticky gel disk to mount my Garmin onto and it works but the Garmin's suction cup doesn't stay stuck on it for as long as I'd like. Especially in the sun it'll pop loose in a couple of days. I just restick the Garmin onto it when that happens but the Iotte disk stays in place perfectly.

Amazon link: https://smile.amazon.com/iOttie-Hol...d=1493644936&sr=8-3&keywords=iottie+car+mount

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive got a scosche one that plugs into the aux. has a magnet on the holder. you put a small metal plate inside case, and it has a plug to charge. i think it was like 25. has lasted going on 3 years

randyg

Reaction score
So I bought a phone holder which I've always loved and it won't adhere to the Yukon for some reason.

I tried doing it to the silver portion right above the vent to the left of the radio and it just won't adhere!

Does anyone have any good options that worked that does not include a suction cup on the windshield?

I have a pro clip mount and used a 3M Heavy duty mounting tape on the silver part of the dash left of the stereo. It is easily removable and handles the desert heat well. I've used it on two different mounts/phones. Here's a source: https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Extre...=8-4&keywords=3m+heavy+duty+double+sided+tape

Try an alcohol wipe or equivalent to clean the surface before you stick it on.

DPGDirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a friend that makes kydex holsters make a custom phone holder for mine. Sit's upright in that dead space between the dash cluster and the radio and sits just high enough to be used as a dash cam if desired.

I don't want to go sticking stuff in my air vents, etc...

OP
OP
D

Darkhawk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you all for the great replies and sorry for the delayed response. It has been a busy time in our household lately!

I use my Shirt Pocket, I know I'm a wise -ass. sorry but it works, and it's Free!!!!

LOL trust me I know, I'm using my Yukon for Uber Black/SUV when I'm not working which is the only reason I need something that is handy and visible.

I have a pro clip mount and used a 3M Heavy duty mounting tape on the silver part of the dash left of the stereo. It is easily removable and handles the desert heat well. I've used it on two different mounts/phones. Here's a source: https://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Extre...=8-4&keywords=3m+heavy+duty+double+sided+tape

Try an alcohol wipe or equivalent to clean the surface before you stick it on.

Can you post some photos? I loved the Pro Clip set up but they told me that there stuff is only designed to go on the right side of the radio.

I had a friend that makes kydex holsters make a custom phone holder for mine. Sit's upright in that dead space between the dash cluster and the radio and sits just high enough to be used as a dash cam if desired.

I don't want to go sticking stuff in my air vents, etc...

I'd love something like that! Do they make any more like that for Yukons?

DPGDirk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was a 0ne-off design made to fit my phone and my truck. He normally builds gun holsters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne